Issue with central locking

Audio, Navigation, Electronic Faults and Fixes
David28

Issue with central locking

Post by David28 » Wed Apr 07, 2021 7:02 am

I have a 15 plate xe r sport, about a year ago I had problem when locking the car there was a delayed double beep. I found this to be the rear passenger door not locking. The alarm would go off though if opened. Stripped down to find no signs of water ingress or other reasons. Put back together and car locked normally. About 5 months ago car started doing it again same door but also affected the other rear door. About a 2 months ago passenger rear door started locking again but not drivers. Stripped both doors down again no signs, tried changing door locks over still not locking. After putting back together car started locking again for about 2 weeks now rear drivers door not locking. Also get issue with passenger front door won't unlock all the time. Any ideas I'm losing patience with this car. Also any recommendations how long I got left on timing chain as done 48k.

Fighterpilot

Re: Issue with central locking

Post by Fighterpilot » Wed Apr 07, 2021 8:11 am

The link here could be as simple as dried out lubrication on the moving parts. I am assuming the rear doors are rarely used along with the passenger door. Not your problem but some will find the electric windows also become sluggish. If that happens spray siliconeinto the guides and that will free them up to work as normal.
R Sport 180D 2015