Jaguar XE Forum banner

Car Locking.

5K views 32 replies 7 participants last post by  Fighterpilot 
#1 ·
Proud new owner of the Jaguar XE R Sport 2015 plate. Awesome car, looks & feels great. My question however is this, when locking the car by pressing the button twice, full lock. I've noticed that I've got no flashing red light coming from inside the car from the locking source in the middle of the windscreen. This may be a silly question, but would anyone suggest that it's a simple fuse issue? Or, does this car not come with this feature.

Appreciate any replies.
All the best.
Ash!

#2 ·
Hi Ash,

On my one (MY20), the flashing red light is in the instrument cluster. Have you looked there?

Enjoy your XE and welcome to the Forums :).

#3 ·
Hello bud! Thank you for the welcome!
Where would I locate this? I know that the sensor is in the middle of the car, you can physically see it. I'm leaning towards the idea that the fuse has tripped? I'm yet to find any additional information on this matter.

#4 ·
Look in the speedometer/ rev counter area.

The MY20 XE has a revised instrument cluster, but I'm sure an MY15 or MY16 owner will be along to confirm the location of the red flashing light

#6 ·
MY is the model year and is different to the build date and the registration plate. My XE is MY17 built in late 2016, my new F-Type is MY19.5 built in late 2018, you can check when the build was and then look up the MY.

#10 ·
Adblue is a pain in the bum for many on here. It is an additive that works to clean the exhaust gases. In the boot on the left passenger side there is a black screw cap. That is the adblue tank filler. Now the important part. DO NOT OVERFILL. Depending on whether you have a 163 or 180 engine it takes different amounts. So you have to be careful filling it. I would suggest, as said on here many times, getting hold of a small measured bottle of the stuff first (REDEX make it in 1.87 Ltr bottles) using that connect to the filler and allow gravity to fill the tank. DO NOT squeeze it to add extra if it stops running in. It will be full. If that empties fully go and buy a 10 litre bottle from the likes of Tesco garage or where there is a good stock. Decant some into the empty Redex or small Adblue bottle and do the same again. If it empties fully again repeat until the gravity feed of the bottle stops. It is then full. DO NOT try pouring in the full 10 litres from the larger bottle. It may all go in doing it the long winded donor bottle way but you will not overfill it. Several on here had done just that and it's cost £100's to have the dealer sort it. You could of course pay the dealer to do it. If you get a warning light say adblue low, DO NOT IGNORE it. If ignored the car will eventually not start. Be well aware that you DO NOT add it to the fuel. Sorry to have so may capitals but they are very important points.

#12 ·
I've also just experienced one small issue also. Would anyone be able to assist?
When the car is in reverse, the parking bleeps will sound. When the car is in drive & close to an object, the aid won't bleep. I've just this second held the parking button on the dashboard down for 3 seconds in drive to see if anything happened. Now I see the message "parking aid unavailable, please contact dealer". When putting the car in reverse, nothing happens.
What issue is this? Could this be fixed? Have I disabled the parking aid? It'll be a little annoying not knowing how close I'll be to objects when parking.
Thanks for the help!

#14 ·
a2l6e06 said:
I've now sussed out the rear parking aid. But how on earth do I turn on the front parking aid?
The front parking aid will only work if you reverse first and then drive forwards or if you switch it on with the button whilst driving forwards

#16 ·
As above front sensor should come on when a. You have put in reverse and then back into drive; or b. By pressing the sensor button (not the parking button)

If it's not coming on in either of those cases you have an issue that you should get looked at. In the case of the reverse beeping constantly I had that once and it was just a bit of dirt stuck.

#17 ·
The front parking aid was an optional extra on the early XE. I would have a close look at the front bumper to see whether parking sensors are fitted.

#18 ·
It certainly sounds as if you don't have the front ones. Mine is 2018 and I was surprised when I found it only had the rear sensors. My previous car had camera and sensors all round which is certainly handy with the XE as it is hard to judge how close you are back and front when parking. Bit stingy not to include the fronts given the car was over £40k when new. Sensors front and rear should be a standard fit. I think they are standard on the MY20 along with folding rear seats or am I wrong?

#19 ·
I have front and rear sensors and from start up my only option, when parked at home, is forward. The front sensors pick up the gate posts at the end of the driveway. I always back into the driveway as it makes driving out easier due to the lazy ba**a*ds who insist parking half on the road and half on the pavement, blocking my view of the road (race track). There is no excuse as two cars easily fit. Moan over with that one. :x

#20 ·
@BOBCDP, the front parking aid is standard on MY20, but folding rear seats only became standard on MY21.

#21 ·
And yet folding rear seats were standard in Australia when I got my MY17. Strange how different markets have different standard features even when coming from the same factory.

#23 ·
On the 2015 it should be on the left hand side of the screen. You have the home button then below it parking aid then sensor.

#24 ·
Hammers said:
On the 2015 it should be on the left hand side of the screen. You have the home button then below it parking aid then sensor.
Don't think that's right. As far as I remember, down the left from the top is Home, Settings, Parking aid, Camera (if fitted). Not sure what you mean by Sensor as the only button that fires up the parking aid is the Parking aid button. If you are moving forward close to an object, pressing P should cause it to bleep or go to continuous when you get around a foot away. Can't remember if it's possible to switch the parking aid off or on in settings though. Easiest way to check if you have sensors is to look for 4 little circles on the front bumper.

#25 ·
BOBCDP said:
Hammers said:
Don't think that's right. As far as I remember, down the left from the top is Home, Settings, Parking aid, Camera (if fitted). Not sure what you mean by Sensor as the only button that fires up the parking aid is the Parking aid button. If you are moving forward close to an object, pressing P should cause it to bleep or go to continuous when you get around a foot away. Can't remember if it's possible to switch the parking aid off or on in settings though. Easiest way to check if you have sensors is to look for 4 little circles on the front bumper.
True mine is a 2016 MY17 and had parking pack but this is the layout: Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive design Personal luxury car
as you can see it has the front sensor button that you can switch on separate to the parking button.

Attachments

#26 ·
That is different from the 2015 I had (see below). Mine only had the lower P button. Where yours shows the upper P button, mine was for Settings. What does the upper P button do?

Plant Camera accessory Motor vehicle Cameras & optics Mode of transport

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.