Diamond Car Mats - Anyone bought these?

Interior and Exterior bodywork Faults and Fixes
Craig XE

Re: Diamond Car Mats - Anyone bought these?

Post by Craig XE » Sun Oct 25, 2020 12:37 pm

I didn't buy them from diamond car mats, i went to alibaba an sourced there supplier directly. All these websites you see are whats known as a drop shipping site. The concept of drop shipping is they have an agreement with the supplier, to send goods directly to customers. So customer A comes to my website and buys xyz for £100, i then send the supplier the £50 they charge for the product and the supplier ships directly to the customer....

It's genius really. Have any of you ever bought anything from ebay an it arrived in a amazon box? Drop shipped. But there supplier is amazon, sent as a gift with no receipt lol. When your wise to it these types of websites stick out like a sore thumb.

I know about alibaba (Chinese wholesale eBay type site) but never actually used it until now afraid of all the scam reports i hear etc etc. A lad in work had used it a fair bit an talked me through some of the basic checks / things to look out for with the sellers on there, so i took a gamble on it after they checked out some what.

As i said, i did not source these from diamond car mats, although the seller i used did tell me there the ones who supply them (they might be lying though)

More than happy to be the genie pig here though, the fact i have a picture of the stiched logo i asked for tends to point towards the direction that they are in fact making them.

Things to look out for though (to my knowledge):

UK import tax, anything over £130 (including shipping) is liable and the % depends on what it is.
You are also liable to 20% VAT. So I'm expecting to pay another 20% on top (£25ish)

Craig XE

Post by Craig XE » Mon Oct 26, 2020 7:48 am

Received the pics today, should be in the post shortly!

I will keep you all updated on how it fits :)

C8F85586-E052-412B-9242-50CDD4FA563E.png

A09714FC-671C-47FE-8644-A9CE302146A9.png

656C9ED7-66E6-4B50-A25D-B1CA95D0A086.jpeg

E62E08C8-E3BF-44F6-9E59-DD8C83A09996.png

Indianajons

Post by Indianajons » Mon Oct 26, 2020 8:56 am

Remind me of an Anglia van I had in the 60s that I lined with quilted Fablon sticky back plastic
2017 MY tempest grey Portfolio 180D, folding mirrors, 14 way seats, memory pack, cold weather pack, 360 parking, wi-fi hotspot

Craig XE

Post by Craig XE » Tue Nov 17, 2020 7:12 pm

So i got my matts today finally. I just put them in the car, they went in pretty well. I didn't do the boot yet, that's a little more complicated with velcro an such on the sides an as you can see in the video its getting quite dark haha.

I'm pretty happy with the look, the only fault i can point out at the moment is the driver side's foot pad / strip where the jaguar badge is almost seems ever so slightly angled and not parallel to the seat like the passenger side. Just one of them things almost everyone else won't notice but it will eat away at my soul every time i get in.... oh well!

I just need to get a few bits of velcro under the pedals to make sure that part is firmly in place and has zero tolerance to wiggle about.

Just for anyone reading this an not the beginning of the thread, the mats are not from that website, i bought directly from alibaba... can't speak for the website in my title :)

Phorever

Post by Phorever » Wed Nov 18, 2020 7:45 pm

They look good, have looked at them previously but you can't always trust the advert pictures. I like the addition of the growlers.
MY19 R-Sport i4 petrol 200ps in santorini black.
-black pack
-winter pack
-split/fold rear seat
-dvd player

tewsona

Post by tewsona » Fri Nov 27, 2020 11:06 pm

Hi Craig,

Are you able to give away your source for these? I was also looking for a set and had the same idea RE going direct, but as you've had a successful result, would love to know where you purchased from within Alibaba.

Thanks!
Adam