Creaky Bonnet

Interior and Exterior bodywork Faults and Fixes
BLZeebub

Re: Creaky Bonnet

Post by BLZeebub » Mon Feb 08, 2021 10:15 am

Thanks all, i'm waiting once more for them to get back to me with the actual problem as on Friday the lass in the office said she couldn't decipher the report and they needed to speak to the bodywork guy from the main dealer location.

Meanwhile, it's been a week with no car.

I get the feeling i'll be contacting customer services on this on as suggested.

If only i had an AWD car fitted with cross climate tyres for this lovely weather we are having in Kent...

I'm glad i bought into a premium brand!

Cheers
Nat
MY17 All Black R-Sport 180D AWD with some gadgets. B-)

BLZeebub

Re: Creaky Bonnet

Post by BLZeebub » Thu Feb 18, 2021 5:10 pm

Well it's been a while but it would appear that a bonnet falling apart is not something that JLR seem to think is a manufacturing defect as such.

The dealer finally put in for a good will claim and JLR came back with an 80% contribution which i followed up with Dan from customer services and the final offer is 80%. It has been classed as a "panel alignment issue" as the 'internal bonnet panels are contacting each other" and therefore not covered under warranty but JLR will offer the 80% under retail empowerment.

I'm not entirely sure where this leaves me apart from stump up and pay the balance. I still find it hard to believe a bonnet can fail on a car 4 years old.

Meanwhile, i now have a water pooling issues in the boot, which was a near disaster as the technician failed to secure the CTEK lead or fit the rubber cap so thankfully the water and the lead didn't get together and have a party. Of course, Beadles will deal with the technician internally... So, back to them to no doubt find another non-warranty problem that they can pick a telephone number to put a pound sign in front of. I was assured by the manager that they did nothing that could have caused this. B-)

Cheers
Nathan
MY17 All Black R-Sport 180D AWD with some gadgets. B-)