Autoglym set

Interior and Exterior bodywork Faults and Fixes
Midd_2005

Autoglym set

Post by Midd_2005 » Sun Oct 15, 2017 4:12 pm

Looking at autoglym online and came across this set -

https://www.ebay.co.uk/i/182593301281

Not interested in the monster accessories but what's everyone's thoughts on the contents? Worth the money? Or are there better sets out there?
Black XE R Sport 180PS 2.0L Diesel, 18" Alloys, Meridian Sound System, Ambient Lighting,

PhilB

Re: Autoglym set

Post by PhilB » Sun Oct 15, 2017 4:40 pm

The only problem with the gift sets is that they are expensive and in a couple of years there will still be stuff you won't have used.
If you are going to use Autoglym then this one from Halfords has the basic essentials.

http://www.halfords.com/motoring/car-cl ... collection
XE S, My18, Storm grey Pics Black venoms/black pack, 18 ways, BSM, 40/20/40, ICTPro 380, parking pack, spare wheel.
07/15 to 05/17: XE S British Racing Green Pics

CaptainNoddy

Post by CaptainNoddy » Sun Oct 15, 2017 4:42 pm

I'd agree with PhilB. I still have a tub of HD Wax I bought 5 years ago and it is quickly passing it's sell by date!

Plus the case seems a bit silly to me. There isn't any way you can fit all that stuff in there, and I don't see why you would want to either.

The price is good though considering what you are getting. I just think you might be getting more than you need or will use....
MY16 XE 2.0 D AUTO 163PS, Ammonite Grey, Cold Climate Pack, Parking Pack, 10 way Seats, Xenon headlights

Bazzamf

Post by Bazzamf » Sun Oct 15, 2017 6:57 pm

For the past 7 years, I have hardly ever washed my car, (Now a 7 year old Mazda 6 but considering an XE) which is a black Mica finish. I only use a waterless polish as advertised on the TV. I have no scratches and the paintwork still looks like new. It takes me about an hour to do the car and always looks great when done. Cleaning the car has always been a chore and the quicker it's done the better for me, especially being black. With the finish I get I just cannot see the point of spending hours washing, rinsing, drying and polishing when it can all be done in one operation with the same results.

CaptainNoddy

Post by CaptainNoddy » Sun Oct 15, 2017 8:12 pm

In my experience, the best possible way to help your cars finish to last, is to never ever let it go through an automatic wash. Even one visit can cause untold damage.

For me, full detailing is something I do very rarely and it is only to correct car wash swirls like on my current car (thanks for nothing 1 previous owner!) or to correct a few seasons worth of wear and tear.

Otherwise I use Autoglym Shampoo with a two bucket wash whenever my car really needs it and give it a wax maybe twice a year.
MY16 XE 2.0 D AUTO 163PS, Ammonite Grey, Cold Climate Pack, Parking Pack, 10 way Seats, Xenon headlights

Fozzie1960

Post by Fozzie1960 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:56 am

Is the case a deal breaker because Halfords have a 3 for 2 offer on Autoglym. Could be a cheaper way of getting what you want.
Portfolio 180 Auto / Italian Racing Red / Jet Leather Seats / Parking Pack with Camera / Memory Pack with Powerfold Mirrors / Heated Front Screen / Split Rear Seats.

franko666

Post by franko666 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:32 pm

I work for a car valeting company and always use Autoglym Multiwash TFR and spray below the windows (diluted) and then wash with Autoglym Shampoo. Looks like new after.
2017 Jaguar XE R Sport, Grey

Return to “Interior and Exterior Cosmetics”