changing paddles

Interior and Exterior bodywork Faults and Fixes
Boney

changing paddles

Post by Boney » Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:52 am

Hi

just got a set of the billet shift paddles so was wondering is the changing process as simple as remove screw, un plug, plug new one in and tighten back up?

Boney
XES,Celestial Black, 20" propellers,advanced parking pack,cold climate pack, power convenience pack, road technology pack, navigation pack,14 way seats heated, Panoramic Roof, elec sunblind, privacy glass, adaptive headlights and some carbon

PhilB

Re: changing paddles

Post by PhilB » Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:59 am

Boney wrote:
Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:52 am
Hi

just got a set of the billet shift paddles so was wondering is the changing process as simple as remove screw, un plug, plug new one in and tighten back up?

Boney
Yes!
I changed mine and it's that simple.
You need a T20 driver and it can be a bit awkward with the wheel in the straight ahead position so turn it through 90 degrees which will give you more room.
Getting the screw back in at the right angle to start it off can be tricky but it's pretty easy to do.

https://topix.jaguar.jlrext.com/topix/c ... oupId=1667
XE S, My18, Storm grey Pics Black venoms/black pack, 18 ways, BSM, 40/20/40, ICTPro 380, parking pack, spare wheel.
07/15 to 05/17: XE S British Racing Green Pics

Spitfire

Post by Spitfire » Wed Dec 06, 2017 5:55 pm

It’s straightforward if you remember that the screws are parallel to the steering column, not to the road.

So once you have turned the wheel a quarter turn left to access the right handle paddle, the end of the screwdriver handle should be lower than the tip (if you can picture that).

I actually found it easier to stand outside the car, as it is a much more natural position to hold the screwdriver and located the Torx screwhead easily.

Once off, it’s very simple to disconnect/reconnnect the paddle electrical connection. Good luck!
R-Sport 200 Dark Sapphire, Panoramic Sunroof, Chrome Window Surround, Jet/Oyster Interior

51mes

Post by 51mes » Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:45 pm

Once I had done that with the right hand paddle, I turned the wheel 180 degrees to provide easy access to the left hand one..

S.
XE-S in IRR 19" Radiance, red/jet leather, ICP, Meridian Digital, Pan Roof, HUD + extras + lots of carbon fibre :twisted:

Boney

Post by Boney » Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:17 am

Hi

all done 5 mins, look great.

chuffin freezin today though against the heated steering wheel

Boney
XES,Celestial Black, 20" propellers,advanced parking pack,cold climate pack, power convenience pack, road technology pack, navigation pack,14 way seats heated, Panoramic Roof, elec sunblind, privacy glass, adaptive headlights and some carbon

Return to “Interior and Exterior Cosmetics”