Illuminated tread plates

Interior and Exterior bodywork Faults and Fixes
BAIKAR

Illuminated tread plates

Post by BAIKAR » Tue Oct 13, 2015 2:51 pm

Hi just wondering has anyone added these to their car? If so what's your opinion of them? I really like the look of them but they are way overpriced.

Brucecv8

Re: Illuminated tread plates

Post by Brucecv8 » Tue Oct 13, 2015 6:59 pm

Hi Baikar I have the "Jaguar" blue illuminated treadplates, which others who have seen them, not just me, think they look good. I think personalisation is one of the features which I appreciate on buying a brand new model.
Its "a bit of old man's bling" as I also have the chrome grille on my Portfolio.
Other than my XE, which is my first ever Jaguar, which I really like despite the very minor niggles, my interest in cars centres around classics. I just sold my 1966 Jensen CV8 which I had for 24 years, a couple of months ago, but still have a couple of others.
The extras are costly but with the discounts etc I felt I could justify the purchase, especially as the residuals will have no impact on me as I plan to keep the car for several years.

BAIKAR

Post by BAIKAR » Tue Oct 13, 2015 8:24 pm

Hi thanks for the reply. Have you any pictures of them during the day/night? Can you actually tell if they are illuminated during the day?

wigray

Post by wigray » Tue Oct 13, 2015 8:31 pm

Hi
I can assure you they are illuminated when ever the door is opened, the only thing I was disappointed in was that they only come in one colour surround, on my XF they matched the carpet, and there were a choice between black or beige, they are a nice touch tho, I also went for the silver pedals, and the chrome grill, I like my bling.
:ymhug:

XF portfolio ,Italian racing red, light Oyster ,Chrome grill, 10x10 way seats,memory pack,parking pack, space saver wheel.illuminated tread plates, chrome pedals

Rainstone

Post by Rainstone » Tue Oct 13, 2015 8:51 pm

I've ordered them on mine. Hoping the blue lettering goes with the Bluefire paint. I would like to see a photo or two as well.
XE Prestige 200PS Bluefire, Light Oyster, privacy glass, standard crux alloys, chrome grill splitter, 14 way heated/cooled seats, head-up display, bi-xenon with led DRL, blind spot monitor, memory pack, parking pack :lol:

Brucecv8

Post by Brucecv8 » Tue Oct 13, 2015 9:08 pm

IMG_2556.JPG

IMG_2554.JPG

A couple of pictures, the tread plates illuminate in all lighting conditions on opening the doors.

Rainstone

Post by Rainstone » Tue Oct 13, 2015 9:16 pm

:mrgreen: Very nice!
XE Prestige 200PS Bluefire, Light Oyster, privacy glass, standard crux alloys, chrome grill splitter, 14 way heated/cooled seats, head-up display, bi-xenon with led DRL, blind spot monitor, memory pack, parking pack :lol:

LeeW

Post by LeeW » Wed Oct 14, 2015 12:28 pm

I've specced them and glad I did now I see the picture. Thanks Brucev8!
180 R Sport, Glacier white, 19" silver venoms, panoramic pack, black pack, meridian, adaptive dampers, heated steering wheel, illuminated kick plates, parking pack, power boot, folding mirrors. Due October.

SiblingChris

Post by SiblingChris » Wed Oct 14, 2015 12:39 pm

I like the bling, can these be added post delivery?
Jaguar XE Portfolio, 163bhp diesel, Italian Racing Red, privacy glass, 17" lightweight 15 spoke alloys, parking pack, 14x14 electric seats, powerfold mirrors with blind spot monitoring.

HaloJones

Post by HaloJones » Wed Oct 14, 2015 1:03 pm

They're classed as a Retailer Fit Option which suggests they can be added whenever you choose to pay for them.
Ultimate Black Portfolio 240 Petrol, Chrome Window Surrounds, Templar 18", Oyster Interior

Return to “Interior and Exterior Cosmetics”