Bonnet not aligned with front bumper from factory

Interior and Exterior bodywork Faults and Fixes
CRS 123

Re: Bonnet not aligned with front bumper from factory

Post by CRS 123 » Mon Jan 02, 2017 5:42 pm

Sounds like a dealer cover up as others had said. Banged up on transport or something. I would also suggest while everything is still fresh in your memory...document document document! Everything. Photos: Near and far for perspective, and add a ruler in the photo for measurement perspective. Walk around the whole car inside and out and snap away. Most photos people take are of poor quality and don't properly and accurately tell the story.
CRS
2017 XE R-Sport V6 Storm Grey, Jet Oyster interior, Black pack, 19 inch venom black wheels, Adaptive Dynamics: AWESOME CAR! but..sold it for F-Type R lease

moose

Post by moose » Mon Jan 02, 2017 6:36 pm

Excellent advice from CRS123.

As the vehicle must have been delivered with the dealer present (it is on trade plates) and not driven since unless the dealer was present (again trade plate law) then any damage or misalignment must have been done before the vehicle was parked on the OP's drive i.e. by the dealer, delivery company or when it left the factory.

I have been on the receiving end of a similar situation in 2009 when I purchased a new Defender. My dealer had it transferred in from a different dealership and it was a total wreck ! It looked OK but the original dealer had been removing parts from it in their compound to repair other vehicles. They replaced all the bits but, to put it mildly, not very well.

Land Rover were informed and they were not happy bunnies. I was put in a loaner for three months whilst they built me a new vehicle. It must be the only time that I have purchased a new vehicle that was 110% correct when I collected it, in fact LR insisted the dealer principal had to sign off the PDI and vehicle before I could collect it.

As others have said, write to the JLR directors with photos, they will not be happy and the situation will be resolved.

It would be nice to know which dealer this is so others can avoid but I totally understand if you do not want to divulge that level of detail.

Bob
R Sport 240ps Bluefire with Templar wheels. Parking pack, blind spot monitor, heated windscreen, folding mirrors, splash guards, privacy glass.

HARRIER

Post by HARRIER » Mon Jan 02, 2017 7:55 pm

Seeing these latest pictures frankly beggars belief. What on earth is going on!
Jaguar XE 240 Petrol Sport, Glacier White, Venom Alloys, Black Pack & quite a few extras

standingc

Post by standingc » Mon Jan 02, 2017 10:08 pm

thanks Peter, but I took the car back to the dealer as soon as I noticed, it still had delivery mileage on and they have never suggested that I did it. I have told them i am returning it and will do. No response from Jaguar! I am in Cyprus so things are not as simple as in the UK, but I will hold Jaguar UK responsible as the dealer assured me they have not repaired the vehicle and I can see no sign of any repair.

Stephen

Post by Stephen » Tue Jan 03, 2017 7:29 am

standingc, looking at the pics you uploaded I find it hard to believe the car left the factory in that state. If it did, then it's an abysmal failure of Jaguar's quality control.

Like Bob (moose), my primary suspicion is that it was damaged in transit: when it was being driven on to / off either the car carrying vessel that transported the car from the UK to Cyprus or the car transporter taking it from the port to the dealer.

However, even if the dealer is being honest about not having repaired the car, still they should never have released the car and delivered it to you. It's condition is unacceptable.

Jaguar UK have been on Christmas shutdown these past 2 weeks, which explains why you have received no response from them yet. If you remain without a reply, you could post your complaint in the Jaguar Customer Relations section of this forum or even send a private message to CRC@Jaguar. Amelia usually responds.

I hope you get this resolved satisfactorily, and soon :) . Best of luck.

standingc

Post by standingc » Tue Jan 03, 2017 7:48 am

thanks Stephen,
I have assurances from the dealer that the car has not been repaired and I cannot find any evidence that it has, however, I too find it very difficult to believe it could have left the factory in this condition. For a car with 14km on the clock it is a disgrace and I have told the dealer to collect it whilst I take up my complaint with Jaguar.
I am waiting to hear from them, I will keep you posted as to the outcome of it all.
Chris

Domfow

Post by Domfow » Tue Jan 03, 2017 9:21 am

That underside damage, is familiar to anybody who has seen cars raced onto a car ferry ramp? The loaders/unloaders have to get these cars on and off in quick time for the ships to turn around. Many importers in the UK have rectification facilities are port of entry, therefore by the time the dealer gets the car any sea transport problems have been rectified. Was your car shipped open (strapped down or not) or in a container. I can't believe it left the factory in that state, so it got damaged in transit, factory car transporter to dock, UK dock yard,ship rough crossing, dock yard in Cyprus, transporter to dealer. There must be paperwork at every stage, as the vehicle is passed from one party to the next
Jaguar XE Portfolio 163ps manual Bluefire with Oyster leather, extras: xenon, reverse camera, heated screen, upgrade matts, dim mirrors

standingc

Post by standingc » Tue Jan 03, 2017 9:42 am

I have no idea how they export, probably RoRo. The underside is not a problem nor is the seat adjuster not being fitted properly, it is the rest of the car that is the concern.

Stephen

Post by Stephen » Tue Jan 03, 2017 9:56 am

The underside not a problem? But isn't the carpet trim ripped out and torn and the bodywork damaged?

PeterX90

Post by PeterX90 » Tue Jan 03, 2017 10:33 am

Domfow mentioned paperwork. Is there a requirement for the dealer to inspect the car when received from the factory? I would have expected a detailed report to be made and kept for any further questions. The same should apply at the factory by quality control. Not just the bodywork but to ensure all systems work as they should, or am I seeking perfection. My problem emanates from the wiring system and there must be instruments that can check it is in working order. Many parts cannot be visibly checked but surely there must be a check on all the parts that have a function. Checking the bodywork and alignment of panels only requires moderate eyesight.

Return to “Interior and Exterior Cosmetics”