Bonnet not aligned with front bumper from factory

Interior and Exterior bodywork Faults and Fixes
standingc

Re: Bonnet not aligned with front bumper from factory

Post by standingc » Tue Jan 03, 2017 12:27 pm

The only damage that can be seen underneath is the insulation, the floor pan is not marked.

BrightonCorgi

Post by BrightonCorgi » Tue Jan 03, 2017 10:38 pm

I had the front bumper cover replaced and new piece is now off of alignment. Body shop says they can move or settle and is adjusting it next week. Looked fine when I picked the car up from the shop.

Maybe the retainers or torque requirements are off?
2017 Jaguar XE 3.0 R-Sport. 4th JLR car.

standingc

Post by standingc » Wed Jan 04, 2017 2:47 pm

I guess this just about sums up the interest Jaguar have in their customers! Out of sight, out of mind, how can the importer answer my questions regarding the state of the car when it left the factory!
Below is the response I have had after writing to Global enquiries online on the 18th of December, then 2 further emails to customer relations, I would have thought that it should have been their concern, but apparently not.
:

Thank you for your e-mail addressed to the UK Customer Relationship Centre. Please be advised that this team handles UK queries only.

Therefore, our official importer in Cyprus as well as our European Importer Regional Office has been made aware of your concerns and asked to handle the matter.

Stephen

Post by Stephen » Wed Jan 04, 2017 3:13 pm

Not exactly the sort of reassuring response one would hope for, is it?

So now you're waiting for the official importer in Cyprus and Jaguar's European Importer Regional Office to contact you, I imagine. Or will you take it up with them?
Ordered: P250 S; Portofino Blue; Lt Oyster Windsor Lthr Seats with Ebony/Lt Oyster interior; 16-way electric dr mem fr seats; Style 1048 wheels; Gloss Ash Burr Veneer; Heated steering wheel; 380W Meridan System; Spare wheel; Rubber mats

standingc

Post by standingc » Wed Jan 04, 2017 3:32 pm

I would love to take it up with the european Importer but Jaguar Customer relations didn't give me their contact details. The Cyprus importer I would assume to be the dealer as there is only one in the country to the best of my knowledge. So far the dealer has been good and understands fully my 'concerns', but it has been suggested we wait and see what Jaguar say as they do not have another car to give me that is the same specification. Jaguar of course have so far said nothing other than we don't deal with buyers outside the UK so you have to deal with the importer.
The very sad thing to me is that if I was running a company that has tried so hard to and has succeeded in making great progress over the last few years I really would want to know if there was something happening that could undermine the whole process.
Cars should not be leaving the factory with ill fitting body panels, but they are! Just because I bought the car outside the UK does not make shoddy building and poor quality control acceptable.
I have another meeting arranged with the dealers after sales manager but I have made it clear to them that they must collect the car.
Once that is done I am happy to continue with Jaguar and help them understand the 'concerns' a customer may have and how that could have a negative impact on their global sales.

Stephen

Post by Stephen » Wed Jan 04, 2017 3:40 pm

You could do worse than dropping a line directly to Jeremy Hicks, as I'm sure he'll be very concerned about all this. He's the managing director of JLR and his email address is Jeremy.hicks@jaguarlandrover.com.
Ordered: P250 S; Portofino Blue; Lt Oyster Windsor Lthr Seats with Ebony/Lt Oyster interior; 16-way electric dr mem fr seats; Style 1048 wheels; Gloss Ash Burr Veneer; Heated steering wheel; 380W Meridan System; Spare wheel; Rubber mats

standingc

Post by standingc » Wed Jan 04, 2017 3:50 pm

Thanks Stephen,
I did copy in Jeremy on the 22/12/2016 when I sent in my original email complete with photographs.
No response so far.

PeterX90

Post by PeterX90 » Wed Jan 04, 2017 4:28 pm

Have a look at all the directors and pick the one or others you feel best to approach. You'll find them all here, with their specific responsibilities

http://annualreport2016.jaguarlandrover ... rnance.pdf

HARRIER

Post by HARRIER » Wed Jan 04, 2017 8:33 pm

The sad reality these days is that generally one cannot get the kind of response that demonstrates 'ownership' of a problem.

What I read above whilst probably following 'protocol' so to speak regards referring you to the importer etc. However, it would be far better a response from JLR in the UK if they took possession of the problem and see to it that you receive an appropriate response rather than just passing it all on as outside their remit!

I work for a very complex global conglomerate company as a third party contractor and I can honestly say that no matter what passes my way I will see to it that a query / request etc. gets answered and not just 'let's pass the buck on to someone else'. :(

Very disappointing what I read above .....but frankly doesn't surprise me these days in the 'push button world' we live in when it's all down to 'Process' whereas someone needs to step-in and take some personal ownership and pride and get a decent proactive response back to you.
Jaguar XE 240 Petrol Sport, Glacier White, Venom Alloys, Black Pack & quite a few extras

standingc

Post by standingc » Wed Jan 04, 2017 9:58 pm

I agree 100% Harrier, well put. I asked about a quality control procedure and that cannot be passed to the importer who has nothing to do with the building of the vehicle.

Return to “Interior and Exterior Cosmetics”