Bonnet not aligned with front bumper from factory

Interior and Exterior bodywork Faults and Fixes
standingc

Re: Bonnet not aligned with front bumper from factory

Post by standingc » Thu Jan 05, 2017 1:16 pm

I winder where i went wrong with my understanding of GLOBAL?

Thank you for your e-mail addressed to the UK Customer Relationship Centre. Please be advised that this team handles UK queries only.
Yours sincerely,
Ilka Joetten-Ball
Senior Support Manager | Global Customer Relations
Global Owner Experience

Stephen

Post by Stephen » Thu Jan 05, 2017 1:22 pm

Good question.

Maybe by 'global' the person means 'overall' rather than worldwide? I'd definitely challenge the reply though, on the basis of that position description.

moose

Post by moose » Thu Jan 05, 2017 1:49 pm

Ilka Joetten-Ball used to be in the Land Rover (not Jaguar) Executive office.

She was the person nominated to handle my problem when the Defender with all the faults had to be replaced. She was, and probably still is, very switched on to the JLR ways of working so I would have expected her to be able to pull a few strings if she could.

Bob
R Sport 240ps Bluefire with Templar wheels. Parking pack, blind spot monitor, heated windscreen, folding mirrors, splash guards, privacy glass.

PhilB

Post by PhilB » Sat Jan 07, 2017 12:25 pm

Just been having a look at mine and I'm having difficulty matching some of your shots up as they are so close to the car to compare to mine.
That picture of the rear wing?
Any chance of showing that one a bit further back so I can compare?
The picture of the insulation hanging down.
Is that the hard plastic covers on either side of the car underneath?
Just wanted to compare and see if mine is the same as yours.
Plus it could be good to have some comparison pictures of others so you can show how they should be.
:D
Current: 2017 XE S 380, Storm grey Pics black pack and a few more bits.
Previous: 2015 XE S 340, British Racing Green.

standingc

Post by standingc » Sat Jan 07, 2017 5:16 pm

Not sure I follow Phil. The body panel either matches up or it doesn't, if you are saying yours sticks out then it isn't matching op properly, no need to compare it to mine.

PC160030.JPG

PhilB

Post by PhilB » Sun Jan 08, 2017 7:43 am

What I was saying was that it might be helpful for you to have pictures of the same areas from other members to show how much yours are "out" from a standard car.
Never mind.
I hope you get things resolved as soon as possible.
Good Luck.
Current: 2017 XE S 380, Storm grey Pics black pack and a few more bits.
Previous: 2015 XE S 340, British Racing Green.

PeterX90

Post by PeterX90 » Sun Jan 08, 2017 9:59 am

I've had my XE for 15 months and it has been looked at for numerous faults, by the original dealer, not just a wire as one contributor to this forum suggested. Apart from that it has also been looked at by another dealer and a coachwork expert who was going to look at some damage caused by the lousy main dealer. none of them noticed the non-alignment. On that occasion i had arranged for an RAC inspector to be present to confirm the damage. just a belt and braces for when I sue the garage. I also had to call out Jaguar Assist to deal with another fault. When he finished and walked away, he turned around and said "i suppose you've noticed the bonnet is out of alignment" The car was then 15 months old. perhaps the mis-alignment occurs with use. Sorry about this preamble but this car was seen by no less than 6 experts in their field. Only the Jaguar Assist noticed it as he walked by.

Stephen

Post by Stephen » Tue Jan 24, 2017 7:00 am

Hi standingc, has there been any development in the case of your XE? I hope so, and that a solution is within sight :) .

mpercib

Post by mpercib » Mon Feb 06, 2017 6:58 pm

I seem to have a slight but noticeable fit issue of the bonnet (hood in the USA) to the front as one sight is proper tight fit and one side has a gap. Anyone notice this or have any experience with getting it corrected?

IMG_0667.JPG

IMG_0666.JPG

Jaguar XE, MY 2017, 3.5t, R-Sport, IRR, Jet/ Red, 20" Propellers w/ red calipers, Al paddle shifters, splash guards, sport pedal covers, dead pedal foot rest, tinted glass, interior trim upgrade, re-badged to R Sport.

Late for Tea

Post by Late for Tea » Mon Feb 06, 2017 7:38 pm

I believe this can be remedied DIY as described earlier in this thread. I would think it would simply be a matter of loosening the screws up along the top edge of the fascia under the bonnet, re-positioning the fascia, then re-tightening.

In your case I would only loosen the screws from the centerline of car to the end where the gap is too large. I found it easy to just push against the fascia with my knee and my body weight to shove it slightly rearward, then tighten up the screws. I wouldn't shove real hard or really torque down the screws at first until you have lowered the bonnet and checked the fit. Once you are satisfied then go in for a final torque and you should be good to go.

Return to “Interior and Exterior Cosmetics”