bugsrunner

Re: DIRT INGRESS @ REAR DOORS AROUND ARCHES

Post by bugsrunner » Sun Mar 18, 2018 9:10 am

Just ordered

Thank You

BRC

Post by BRC » Sun Sep 09, 2018 12:00 pm

Apologies for resurrecting this thread but funny enough I too have been a bit bothered about the dirt ingress particularly around the back doors. My situation is more visually obvious because the car is white!
Read through the whole thread and now a little confused as to which seal proved to be the best solution.
Would greatly appreciate a definitive answer (assuming there is one) so I can also improve on this glaring omission by Jaguar.
XE Portfolio as a daily driver and Z4 because I still can!

Nevyn

Post by Nevyn » Sun Sep 09, 2018 1:13 pm

The 'P' shaped one posted earlier works well. I just did the back doors and it's still working fine. The glue is holding up well too, still stuck firmly after more than a year.
2016 180d Portfolio Auto. Ammonite Grey + Light Oyster. 19" Star 5 Twin-Spokes + lots of toys...
http://www.xeforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=2888

richmond

Post by richmond » Sun Sep 09, 2018 2:10 pm

I used the P shaped one as well and it's still in place. I would say that it works about 90% successfully with some water and dirt getting through but nowhere near as much as originally, but it might be due to less than perfect application.
John
2016 XE Italian Racing Red Prestige 2.0i 200
Prev. 2011 XFS

BRC

Post by BRC » Sun Sep 09, 2018 2:23 pm

Many thanks for the responses and would I be correct in identifying the following as the one to order?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/P-shape-Car- ... SwevlZ5brZ
XE Portfolio as a daily driver and Z4 because I still can!

Nevyn

Post by Nevyn » Sun Sep 09, 2018 3:17 pm

Looks about right. I got the Amazon ones. Pic shows sizes to give you an idea

2016 180d Portfolio Auto. Ammonite Grey + Light Oyster. 19" Star 5 Twin-Spokes + lots of toys...
http://www.xeforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=2888

msa

Post by msa » Sun Sep 09, 2018 8:21 pm

This is good thread, installed as well the ”P-seals” on mine. However, while they seem to work fine for mud & water etc. they seem to help very little for fine dry dust. Visit to my summer cottage requires driving approx 10kms on gravel road to get there and back. On dry weather that’s enough to get pretty serious dust build-up all the way up to b-pillar and rear arches regardless of the additional sealing. I installed the seals as close to the door edge as possible for the ”lip” to properly touch the sill. Does anyone have idea what actually causes this ”suction of air (and dust)” on the sills and arches in the first place? Could the airflow between the doors and sills be changed so that it would help with this issue? I kinda understand the arches and sills but that dust gets sucked as well all the way up on the b-pillar to the roofline is pretty weird.

mdem

Post by mdem » Mon Sep 10, 2018 8:53 am

Since this thread is back, I might as well chime in.

Does anyone know if Jaguar have remedied this in the 2019 model? Because it looks like the doors are the same, so if this was sorted then I am guessing that there would be some perfectly mounded seals that could be fitted.
MY2017 XE S, Dark Sapphire, Propellor wheels, Adaptive cruise control, Sunroof, Climate front seats, Heated rear seats, ICT Pro, Meridian 825W, Carbon fibre mirror covers and side vents, 40/20/40 rear seats, Perforated Taurus leather sports seats.

colin6377

Post by colin6377 » Wed Sep 12, 2018 12:45 pm

Hi everyone , As the origonal O.P. to this thread I felt I had to interject with possibly some final comments. As far as I"m aware Jaguar regretably has still not addressed this issue , WHY NOT? who knows ( Bean counters again ? ) However I would strongly suggest anyone attempting my cheap fix should attatch said seals to ALL of the areas which I have outlined in previous posts ( pages 4&6 ) refering to the attatched photos of same! If you are still unclear how these are placed I would suggest a quick visit to your local dealer to view the set-up on an up to date XF as this will give a clearer idea as to your direction of travel! ! Once again thank you to all for your interest in my humble efforts to fix this neglected issue which Jaguar seems to consistently ignore.

Colin.

ColinR

Post by ColinR » Wed Sep 12, 2018 3:14 pm

I think these are the ones on Amazon

Search on P-shape-Car-Truck-Motor-Door-Rubber-Seal-Strip-Weatherstrip-Seals-Hollow on www.amazon.co.uk

Return to “Interior and Exterior Cosmetics”