Windscreen Washer Fluid Loss

Interior and Exterior bodywork Faults and Fixes
PhilB

Re: Windscreen Washer Fluid Loss

Post by PhilB » Mon Mar 18, 2019 3:46 pm

aquamac wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2019 12:57 pm
Hi all, turns out it is the nearside headlamp washer that is not sealing and water continually dribbles out. Will be a trip to Jaguar main dealer.
Welcome to the club!!
I'm on my 3rd on the nearside.
:lol:
If your dealer is good then it should only take about an hour to 90 minutes as they go in from the wheelarch/undertray for the nearside one.
Current: 2017 XE S 380, Storm grey Pics black pack and a few more bits.
Previous: 2015 XE S 340, British Racing Green.

aquamac

Post by aquamac » Mon Mar 18, 2019 5:13 pm

Welcome to the club!!
I'm on my 3rd on the nearside.
:lol:
If your dealer is good then it should only take about an hour to 90 minutes as they go in from the wheelarch/undertray for the nearside one.
Hi Phil,

That doesn’t sound too bad, great that they don’t have to remove the bumper! It’s booked in for Friday in Lancaster Tonbridge who have been very good, especially seeing as I didn’t get the car from them. I know where I’ll go when I next get another Jag. My last car was a 3 litre XF “S” 2010 year which they looked after and always did a fine job. They were just a bit short of suitable candidates when I bought this one!
Best wishes,
Steve.
Jaguar XE 2.0 d R Sport with Black Pack and 20” Propellor Wheels and leaky washer fluid! Spare wheel, 2018 plate.

aquamac

Post by aquamac » Sat Mar 23, 2019 3:28 pm

Main dealer has sorted this problem by replacing the passenger headlight washer unit. Great, I can finally see the temp and fuel gauge whilst driving! Happy days.
Jaguar XE 2.0 d R Sport with Black Pack and 20” Propellor Wheels and leaky washer fluid! Spare wheel, 2018 plate.

DaiB

Post by DaiB » Sun Apr 21, 2019 8:09 pm

I've got the nearside water drip as others have had. I don't think mine is anything to do with overfilling as it carries on until there is no fluid left and the Low-Water warning comes on. I'm assuming I have the headlight washer sealing leak and will be asking the dealer to check it out and fix. I'm expecting them to deny there is a problem

PhilB

Post by PhilB » Mon Apr 22, 2019 7:51 am

DaiB wrote:
Sun Apr 21, 2019 8:09 pm
I've got the nearside water drip as others have had. I don't think mine is anything to do with overfilling as it carries on until there is no fluid left and the Low-Water warning comes on. I'm assuming I have the headlight washer sealing leak and will be asking the dealer to check it out and fix. I'm expecting them to deny there is a problem
They shouldn't deny it as there are plenty of cases of these leaking and being replaced under warranty.
I take it then that this topic is no longer relevant to your issue?
viewtopic.php?f=21&t=7742
Current: 2017 XE S 380, Storm grey Pics black pack and a few more bits.
Previous: 2015 XE S 340, British Racing Green.

Return to “Interior and Exterior Cosmetics”