Jaguar XE Forum banner

Drivers seat

16K views 33 replies 15 participants last post by  Anonymous 
#1 ·
My XE has covered 5k miles and I have noticed recently that the drivers seat the part you sit on is getting a bit baggy.I realise this is sometimes a natural thing with leather however I am a lightweight and cant imagine what the seat will be like in say 20k miles ...has anyone had a problem like this and do you think it would be covered under warranty. Just thought I would ask before I visit the dealer.

#30 ·
I bought the Gliptone leather cleaner with glycerine 1208. Tried it but didn't seem to make any difference. Did do a good job of cleaning the leather though. Waiting for the warm weather and hopefully the seat bottom will tighten up again, like it did last year

#31 ·
I decided it was time to clean the grubby marks from the (oyster) leather and feed it. I tend to get a mark on the door where my right elbow rests and another on the console lid where the left one goes. Probably most of us do.

After that I also wiped the seats and fed them. I noticed : -

Vehicle Car Automotive design Car seat cover Fixture

Automotive tire Automotive design Wheel Grey Rim

Obviously the start of wear at only 10500 miles! So far all I've done is add extra Autoglym Leather Balm to it, and left it on, as the car won't be used today. In the past I've found that effective; we'll see.

Attachments

#32 ·
Mike Rometer said:
I decided it was time to clean the grubby marks from the (oyster) leather and feed it. I tend to get a mark on the door where my right elbow rests and another on the console lid where the left one goes. Probably most of us do.

DSCN7258.JPG

DSCN7259.JPG

Obviously the start of wear at only 10500 miles! So far all I've done is add extra Autoglym Leather Balm to it, and left it on, as the car won't be used today. In the past I've found that effective; we'll see.
Ah that's great, are you happy with the result?
Looking for a possible new leather balm myself.

#33 ·
Mike87 said:
Mike Rometer said:

DSCN7258.JPG

DSCN7259.JPG

Ah that's great, are you happy with the result?
Looking for a possible new leather balm myself.
It hasn't 'repaired' it as such, but it is a lot softer and I don't think it will get any worse quickly, it's difficult to tell for sure (I've since done another 1000 miles). I've had very good results from Autoglym Leather Balm in the past. My last X-type got severe scaling on the rear seat due to the sun last Summer and I coated that liberally and left it on, then re-coated about a week later and all the scaling went and the leather was nice and smooth again. I would certainly recommend it as product. What you prior clean with is probably just as important, again I use Autoglym .

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.