Jaguar XE Forum banner

Wrapped Bumper Trims

6K views 12 replies 3 participants last post by  RichEl 
#1 ·
I bought a second set of Bumper Trims to have a go at wrapping them myself. Decided to go for a matte black (my car is Glacier White). Quite happy with the result! Now just to work out how to change them 😄

Grille Sleeve Hood Dress shirt Grey

Product Tool Musical instrument accessory Tableware Cutlery

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Oooow you are a bugger for punishment!! Nice job but I think it's a bumper off job to change them. :x :x

While you're in the wrapping mood have a go at the dead easy jobs. Get some clear vinyl and wrap the kick plates before they get scratched and do the lower panels behind the rear doors before they get pebbledashed. :) :)

#3 ·
BOBCDP said:
dd_lewis said:
I bought a second set of Bumper Trims to have a go at wrapping them myself. Decided to go for a matte black (my car is Glacier White). Quite happy with the result! Now just to work out how to change them 😄

BC5D9D8C-FF66-44B5-ADC1-B407F3FD7B96.jpeg

33F583F6-C008-4142-BE4F-7534CC92C6D9.jpeg
Oooow you are a bugger for punishment!! Nice job but I think it's a bumper off job to change them. :x :x

While you're in the wrapping mood have a go at the dead easy jobs. Get some clear vinyl and wrap the kick plates before they get scratched and do the lower panels behind the rear doors before they get pebbledashed. :) :)
Ah I thought that may be the case Bob! I'll have a go at taking the bumper off tomorrow, I can wrap the grille then whilst it's off. That's a great idea to wrap the sills and rear panels! Will get some clear vinyl on order!

#5 ·
Cracking job!! So you just got stuck in and whipped the bumper off?
I can see you are a man of action. Any chance you can sort out the traffic jams on the M4 round Newport? :D :D :D

#6 ·
BOBCDP said:
Cracking job!! So you just got stuck in and whipped the bumper off?
I can see you are a man of action. Any chance you can sort out the traffic jams on the M4 round Newport? :D :D :D
Haha Yes I am Bob! Once I get an idea in my head I just have to get it done! It's surprisingly simple to remove the bumper actually, it made wrapping the parts far more easy!

#8 ·
RichEl said:
Looks so much better. I find it difficult to wrap so was considering plasti dip.

Did you have to disconnect the cables from the bumper to unclip the grille and bumper trim or was there enough slack?
Hi RichEl

The parts are actually really easy to wrap once they are off the car! It's definitely worth giving it a go as you may be surprised at how easy it is.

I had to disconnect the washer cable as there wasn't much slack, but there was plenty of slack on the electrics cable to leave that in place.

#10 ·
RichEl said:
Think I will give it a try as it's not expensive.
Did you wrap the side vents also?
I can't find any instructions anywhere on how to remove the side vents.
If you mean the strakes RichEI, I did mine without removal and although it's obviously easier if you do remove the bumper, it's not that difficult without removal.

#11 ·
RichEl said:
Hi rich,

The side vents pop off quite easily with a blunt tool. I opted not to wrap mine as the wrap wouldn't sit right on the engraved Jaguar. So I opted for some carbon ones to match my front splitter. You could alternatively plasti-dip them?

#13 ·
dd_lewis said:
RichEl said:
Hi rich,

The side vents pop off quite easily with a blunt tool. I opted not to wrap mine as the wrap wouldn't sit right on the engraved Jaguar. So I opted for some carbon ones to match my front splitter. You could alternatively plasti-dip them?
Yes that was what I was wondering.
Thanks for the info. Will plasti dip all the chrome to see if I like it and then decide to replace or not.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.