Mud flaps

Interior and Exterior bodywork Faults and Fixes
Colt

Mud flaps

Post by Colt » Fri Mar 08, 2019 5:43 pm

Wondering if fitted front and back would save road rash. Thoughts please :roll:
XE R-Sport Santorini black 200ps petrol. Black pack, privacy rear windows, advanced park assist, heated screen, 10 way heated electric seats, power fold door mirrors. First mod black jack valve caps!! :lol:

Wastegate84

Re: Mud flaps

Post by Wastegate84 » Fri Mar 08, 2019 6:34 pm

Don't waste your money. Look at the 3M clear protective film instead.

BRC

Post by BRC » Fri Mar 08, 2019 6:36 pm

Got some front ones to fit when the weather warms up. My hope is that they will ease/reduce the rash on the rear of my Portfolio sills. I'll let you know whether they work as expected but could be a while before they are fitted i.e. not until the ambient temperature reaches circa 18 degrees. I want to do this once and not curse and swear because I fitted them "cold" and the adhesive pads didn't adhere as they are supposed to.
XE Portfolio now replaced by an XF R Sport and a Z4 garage queen!

BRC

Post by BRC » Fri Mar 08, 2019 6:38 pm

Just seen the response in regards the clear protective film and I'm inclined to think that may be a better solution and certainly a cheaper one. Genuine Jag flaps are frankly silly money for what they are.
XE Portfolio now replaced by an XF R Sport and a Z4 garage queen!

Fretwire

Post by Fretwire » Fri Mar 08, 2019 6:38 pm

I've got the Jaguar OEM flaps on mine and they definitely help with road rash but probably not as much as the film would help. The mud flaps also help keep the car clean down there plus I prefer the look of the car with them on. My car's black though so they blend in perfectly and give it a slightly wider looking stance.

DavidW

Post by DavidW » Fri Mar 08, 2019 6:39 pm

Hi they helped on mine to a large extent with the added bonus of keeping dirt getting onto the door cills etc.

I also added a small amount of clear protection film just in the small area in front of the rear wheels.

Fitted and not too obvious.

Cheers

F6A73C2A-344B-4B88-98CE-8E2D84AC67DC.jpeg

Current XF RSport 180 MY19 in Corris Grey (no heated steering wheel :o )

Previous XE R-Sport 180 (MY 16) in Odyssey Red, cold climate pack, rear parking camera, wifi hotspot, electric seats, splash guards and a detachable tow bar

Colt

Post by Colt » Fri Mar 08, 2019 9:27 pm

Thanks for the feedback 👍
XE R-Sport Santorini black 200ps petrol. Black pack, privacy rear windows, advanced park assist, heated screen, 10 way heated electric seats, power fold door mirrors. First mod black jack valve caps!! :lol:

Lostloki

Post by Lostloki » Sat Mar 09, 2019 11:18 pm

I have the "Jacuar" ones on the front, they do reduce the road rash a far bit compared to before. However, they do sit low and drop down onto the very agressive speed bumps employeed by one local establishment once the wheel has gone over them, which can't do the mounting any good.
The back ones take more time to put on and I haven't done it yet and not sure if I will.
Toying with the idea of having the sills wrapped in a different colour so would add further protection if I did.
XE S
Black
ITC Pro 825w
Pan S/roof
Climate + parking Packs

Vespa

Post by Vespa » Sun Mar 10, 2019 8:45 am

They were fitted to mine from the dealer when I bought the car in 2015 and road rash is hardly noticable if at all.
180 diesel XE R Sport, with many extras :D and working stop/start :lol: Made to work Feb 2019 by me

Stu xe

Post by Stu xe » Sun Mar 10, 2019 12:20 pm

fitted front and back last week,took a few hours to do but didnt take the wheels off. back ones where very easy undo 1 screw which you reuse and drill 1 hole fit the bracket then the flap,3m tap on the mud flap is very sticky so get the fit right.
front not to bad drill 1 hole underneith, had to raise the car so drove up onto a bit of wood and turned steering wheel to onside,same again 3m tap very sticky so get the fit right first time,do up the nut and screws job done. Have yet to fit the precut clear protective film to bothsides

£89 for original jag back and front flaps
£19 for precut film

Return to “Interior and Exterior Cosmetics”