Jaguar XE Forum banner

Front Bumper Trim. Anyone Know??

6K views 12 replies 4 participants last post by  Late for Tea 
#1 ·
Does anyone know what this piece of trim is called and if they can be bought from Jaguar or anywhere else at all? Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Land vehicle

Thanks!
:arrow:

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
As far as I am aware it is only fitted to the R Sport and some other models. I believe it may be part of the adaptive dynamics and can have a moving part but on some cars it is just a blank. As it is a part of the bodywork it should be available from jaguar.

#7 ·
Have you asked a dealer if the part is available separately? Anybody know why this trim is only fitted to some models (usually the sportier spec cars). Does it deflect more air onto the brakes or something?

#9 ·
There's an air gap which goes straight through to the wheel arch, you'll see the back end of it in the wheel arch itself. It's a functional vent. If you blast a hose there you'll see the water flash straight through and hit the wheel itself.

I have the electronics parts catalogue if you want to wait till this evening and I'll look up the part for you.

#10 ·
Ian d said:
There's an air gap which goes straight through to the wheel arch, you'll see the back end of it in the wheel arch itself. It's a functional vent. If you blast a hose there you'll see the water flash straight through and hit the wheel itself.

I have the electronics parts catalogue if you want to wait till this evening and I'll look up the part for you.
Yes please!

#11 ·
That part is sold separately you'll be pleased to know but it isn't cheap! It comes in primer so you'll need to get it sprayed to your colour of car.

The part number for LH side is

T4N12963LML - price £111.32 + vat

For reference, its called an air deflector cover.

#12 ·
Ian d said:
That part is sold separately you'll be pleased to know but it isn't cheap! It comes in primer so you'll need to get it sprayed to your colour of car.

The part number for LH side is

T4N12963LML - price £111.32 + vat

For reference, its called an air deflector cover.
Thankyou very much!! Ridiculous price though.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.