Jaguar XE Forum banner

Cup Holder

12K views 32 replies 15 participants last post by  capese21 
#1 ·
Hi all, finally picked my xe up, only done a few miles but love it definitely a step up from my previous. Quick question am i right in thinking there should be a slidy cup cover thingy? Its a MY19 R Sport.

#7 ·
Built to order. However when it came off of the build line it went into holding and the dealership apparently couldn't locate it. They said it could be something as simple as missing a minor part with it being a manual. I wonder if this was the part!

#8 ·
RSmit said:
Built to order. However when it came off of the build line it went into holding and the dealership apparently couldn't locate it. They said it could be something as simple as missing a minor part with it being a manual. I wonder if this was the part!
Doesn't look like that centre console is capable of taking a sliding cover?

#9 ·
The sliding cup cover came in with MY18.
Therefore in real money, from March 2017 onwards.
Unless there is some reason that they didn't fit it on manuals then it's a bit strange.

Is there anybody else with a manual from mid 2017 onwards that can confirm if they have the sliding cover or not?

#10 ·
PhilB said:
The sliding cup cover came in with MY18.
Therefore in real money, from March 2017 onwards.
Unless there is some reason that they didn't fit it on manuals then it's a bit strange.

Is there anybody else with a manual from mid 2017 onwards that can confirm if they have the sliding cover or not?
Official Jaguar used site has a lot of 68 plate cars all the manuals and a number of auto's without the sliding cup cover , some of the non sliding cup cover cars were registered after cars with the sliding cup cover, post September 2018

#11 ·
Domfow said:
Official Jaguar used site has a lot of 68 plate cars all the manuals and a number of auto's without the sliding cup cover , some of the non sliding cup cover cars were registered after cars with the sliding cup cover, post September 2018
Interesting.
That was a "big deal" at the start of MY18....the sliding cup holder cover.
In that case I haven't a clue.

#13 ·
PhilB said:
Domfow said:
Interesting.
That was a "big deal" at the start of MY18....the sliding cup holder cover.
In that case I haven't a clue.
I'm guessing as this was the period that the diesel really started to struggle sales wise some of these 68 non cover cars are stock vehicles that have been hanging around for a while before sale and the factory order ones are those with the cover.

#14 ·
Domfow said:
I'm guessing as this was the period that the diesel really started to struggle sales wise some of these 68 non cover cars are stock vehicles that have been hanging around for a while before sale and the factory order ones are those with the cover.
I had that thought too.
Wouldn't be the first time we have seen XE's that were built up to 9 months before being registered.
:D

#15 ·
PhilB said:
Domfow said:
I had that thought too.
Wouldn't be the first time we have seen XE's that were built up to 9 months before being registered.
:D
That wouldn't explain mine though as it only came of build on the 12th March. I'll speak with my dealership and see what BS they feed me 😀

#16 ·
I think you will find that the manual cars cannot be fitted with the sliding cover the f pace manual cannot and the layout is very similar

#17 ·
Manxe240 said:
I think you will find that the manual cars cannot be fitted with the sliding cover the f pace manual cannot and the layout is very similar
It does look to be only the manual versions that don't have the cover, however I can't see why as the size and positioning is the same as the auto.

Maybe they have a stockpile of the uncovered ones and us manual drivers don't deserve such luxuries ☹

#19 ·
@ratman, yours would be MY17. The sliding cup holder cover was introduced on the MY18 (automatics only).

#21 ·
And the UK is mine, :)

Would be lovely to meet up for a drink next time you're here. Just let me know :) .

#23 ·
Sorry to hijack (although it seems we've gone off topic ;) :lol: )

Is it possible to retro fit the sliding cover? I have a MY17 (automatic).

Thanks!

#24 ·
I believe that it is possible. Someone on here a while back was selling the parts required. Have a search and you'll find the details.

#25 ·
bjblyth said:
Sorry to hijack (although it seems we've gone off topic ;) :lol: )

Is it possible to retro fit the sliding cover? I have a MY17 (automatic).

Thanks!
Yes you can retro fit. I did mine about a month ago. You need the new cup holder and a new top for the consol.

Regards John

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.