R sport front grill badge fitting

Interior and Exterior bodywork Faults and Fixes
Jag82

R sport front grill badge fitting

Post by Jag82 » Wed Apr 10, 2019 7:03 pm

Hi Folks

Got myself sorted with an R sport front grill badge albeit no fitting instructions . I get how it goes onto the front but not sure how the back plate should sit plus the screw doesn’t seem to tighten right in.

Does anybody have any links to a “how to” vid or images.

It would be very much appreciated.

Thanks

EagleOne

Re: R sport front grill badge fitting

Post by EagleOne » Fri Apr 12, 2019 9:49 am

Did the badge come with two plain threaded bolts? I found that I could only use one bolt. Position the back plate by feeding it through the grill. Attach one bolt to the badge then secure into the backplate by rotating the badge. This is a bit finnicky but worth the effort.
MY18 XE R-Sport 25t Caldera Red

Vespa

Post by Vespa » Fri Apr 12, 2019 10:08 am

Jag82 wrote:
Wed Apr 10, 2019 7:03 pm
Hi Folks

Got myself sorted with an R sport front grill badge albeit no fitting instructions . I get how it goes onto the front but not sure how the back plate should sit plus the screw doesn’t seem to tighten right in.

Does anybody have any links to a “how to” vid or images.

It would be very much appreciated.

Thanks
Have you got a genuine Jaguar R Sport badge or one of the replica ones? I bought a genuine one from Ebay advertised as for XE XF etc and it was not suitable for the XE grille as the grille is too wide. However I was determined to fit it. The space to get your arms in is very small and so you will get lots of scratches and use choice words as part of the process. Firstly it was obvious that the bolts and fittings supplied were too short. I got around this with a bolt from my myriad of "that will come in handy one day" box. I gently made a thread in the plastic part by tightening it up a bit and realeasing it until a thread was made in the plastic (x2). That done I then put it in the vice and sawed off the bolt head (x2). Then it was a case of finding a suitable nut for both protruding threaded parts after refitting them to the badge. You will need 4, one of which will lock the threaded bolt in place against the badge. Careful tightening here, with just enough to lock it up. Then I fitted the badge through the grille and the supplied back plate needed careful modifying to enable it to fit squarely. That was the most awkward part as one mistake and it meant another fitting to be made. I eventually got it fitted with a couple of washers and the oth 2 nuts. Fiddly but I like it.

CNV00027.jpg

180 diesel XE R Sport, with many extras :D

Jag82

Post by Jag82 » Mon Apr 15, 2019 5:13 pm

Thanks for your replies guys.

Yeah it was a genuine 1 with a plinth on the rear. Managed to get it sorted at the weekend and very pleased with the look!

Return to “Interior and Exterior Cosmetics”