Boot lid locking relief!

Interior and Exterior bodywork Faults and Fixes
nicpy

Boot lid locking relief!

Post by nicpy » Thu Oct 31, 2019 7:07 am

Ever since the days of Saab ownership and in particularly the 9-5 model, I have been almost paranoid about locking the keys in the boot. On that car if that happened it was a very costly exercise to remedy that situation, costing in excess of £1000 to replace ecu`s etc. So, with the XE lets see what happens, with the spare key fob well out of range, I put the `key ` in the boot and with all the doors locked shut the boot.....which immediately reopened by itself, several retests proves that it is impossible to lock the keys in the boot. Much relieved. :D

PhilB

Re: Boot lid locking relief!

Post by PhilB » Thu Oct 31, 2019 7:28 am

When I picked up my first one after doing all the paperwork came out to do the familiarisation thing with the salesman.
Slung my document wallet with all the bumf including the spare key on the back seat.
Going through the locking and unlocking procedure it just kept beeping and wouldn't lock.
Eventually realised it was the spare key in the car!
:roll: :D
MY20 RR Evoque P300 HSE.
2015 XE S 340, British Racing Green.
2017 XE S 380, Carpathian grey.

Vespa

Post by Vespa » Thu Oct 31, 2019 7:30 am

I had that 3 years back when I put my wife's handbag in the boot at a hotel with the luggage just before we went to breakfast and it wouldn't shut. It soon dawned on me that the bag with CCs and purse had to come back inside and the boot shut and locked. :oops:
180 diesel XE R Sport, with many extras :D and working stop/start :lol: Made to work Feb 2019 by me

devonia

Post by devonia » Thu Oct 31, 2019 8:29 am

Vespa wrote:
Thu Oct 31, 2019 7:30 am
I had that 3 years back when I put my wife's handbag in the boot at a hotel with the luggage just before we went to breakfast and it wouldn't shut. It soon dawned on me that the bag with CCs and purse had to come back inside and the boot shut and locked. :oops:
I had that as well, but found out that if I unlocked the car, then relocked with the remote the car was happy because it knew there was a key outside the car
200ps petrol prestige - glacier white - oyster - sunroof - powerfold mirrors - reversing pack- split rear seats - spare wheel
Mercedes SLC 200 sport

Fourwheels

Post by Fourwheels » Sat Nov 02, 2019 10:30 pm

Sold my XE a while ago but managed to lock my Mercedes (keyless entry) key inside the car in the only place it allowed the car to self lock. Wife rescued me then, but later realised I could use the Mercedes app on my phone to open car and retrieve key.
Can't remember if Jaguar app allows you to unlock the car.
Previously Jaguar XE Portfolio 2015

nicpy

Post by nicpy » Sun Nov 03, 2019 5:38 am

Fourwheels wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 10:30 pm
Sold my XE a while ago but managed to lock my Mercedes (keyless entry) key inside the car in the only place it allowed the car to self lock. Wife rescued me then, but later realised I could use the Mercedes app on my phone to open car and retrieve key.
Can't remember if Jaguar app allows you to unlock the car.
Yes indeed the app allows for remote locking and unlocking....another useful tool. :D

Hillmangt

Post by Hillmangt » Tue Nov 19, 2019 12:15 am

Anytime we travel my other half has the spare key in her handbag but inside a faraday case so it doesn’t cause any problems with locking etc
XE 2.0t 200PS Auto Prestige, Italian Racing Red, 2015 lots of toys.
Mercedes C320 Elegance Auto. Petrol. Eibach springs. Twin K & N Filters. Staggered 18 in replica AMG wheels. 2001.

Mike Rometer

Post by Mike Rometer » Tue Nov 19, 2019 9:26 am

Hillmangt wrote:
Tue Nov 19, 2019 12:15 am
Anytime we travel my other half has the spare key in her handbag but inside a faraday case so it doesn’t cause any problems with locking etc
Ditto!
Jag No 3. 2 Litre petrol Prestige 200. Italian Racing Red. 65 plate

My other vehicle is coal fired. 8-) (very lo-tech)

Return to “Interior and Exterior Cosmetics”