XEFTW

Re: windscreen external plastic trims

Post by XEFTW » Mon Aug 10, 2015 10:20 pm

Because you sounded like you were tainting all Jags with the same stick

tobes

Post by tobes » Mon Aug 10, 2015 10:54 pm

No just the one I have.

Can't wait for 24k fault free miles however from what I have seen, read and experienced during 10 days of ownership it may well take a while to achieve.

Following lively discussions it was 'agreed' that faults would be kept to faults threads, where guess what things get said.

I do appreciate your sentiment although a million fault free miles in your XF wouldn't change my experience to date of the XE and the brand.
R Sport 180 Manual
Ammonite Grey
Jet - Jet with Oyster
10 x 10 FOC electric seat upgrade
Quite simply the best diesel compact exec I've ever owned

BAIKAR

Post by BAIKAR » Tue Aug 11, 2015 8:41 am

XEFTW wrote:had my XF for 24,000 miles and not a single issue
This is not an XF. I've said in other posts that this car will never be up to the standard it should have been from the off. The new XF will be the car this XE should have been.

Mrxes

Post by Mrxes » Tue Aug 11, 2015 9:13 am

In your experience!
IRR XE S with black pack. 20" Propellers, Jet / red leather interior. Privacy glass. Fully loaded seats, privacy glass, blind spot monitoring, lighting pack. Reversing sensors and camera. Ordered mid July. Delivered mid November.

Pickle77

Post by Pickle77 » Tue Aug 11, 2015 9:19 am

ianbruce wrote: It was, in fact, a large arrow shaped chrome trim which framed the radiator grille. In the 1970's, it cost around £50 to replace it - serious money.
:))
Well, chrome was chrome then Ian.

BAIKAR

Post by BAIKAR » Tue Aug 11, 2015 9:37 am

Mrxes wrote:In your experience!
In late jan/feb 2016 when you are in a position to comment on your owners experience with the XE, do come back and let us know.

Mrxes

Post by Mrxes » Tue Aug 11, 2015 10:09 am

No need to be rude. My comments relate to your own personal experience with the Xe. I do appreciate that you may very well have had an unfortunate relationship with the XE thus far. However, that does not mean that the car overall is not living up to the experience of many other current owners. My Jaguar experience thus far has fortunately been a good one, as it has with many others. I note another thread where a prospective new XE purchaser has been deterred from buying an XE with the negative comments posted by certain contributors to the forum. These comments are fine and probably warranted if they have had problems. It is important however to keep these in context. If do have a bad experience come Jan/Feb then then I too may have some constructive or otherwise comments to make. Let's not right off the XE just yet.
IRR XE S with black pack. 20" Propellers, Jet / red leather interior. Privacy glass. Fully loaded seats, privacy glass, blind spot monitoring, lighting pack. Reversing sensors and camera. Ordered mid July. Delivered mid November.

richarda

Post by richarda » Tue Aug 11, 2015 11:32 am

Mrxes wrote:No need to be rude. My comments relate to your own personal experience with the Xe. I do appreciate that you may very well have had an unfortunate relationship with the XE thus far. However, that does not mean that the car overall is not living up to the experience of many other current owners. My Jaguar experience thus far has fortunately been a good one, as it has with many others. I note another thread where a prospective new XE purchaser has been deterred from buying an XE with the negative comments posted by certain contributors to the forum. These comments are fine and probably warranted if they have had problems. It is important however to keep these in context. If do have a bad experience come Jan/Feb then then I too may have some constructive or otherwise comments to make. Let's not right off the XE just yet.
I have to agree here - I don't have my car yet, so I can't relate personal experiences directly about the XE. However having owned numerous cars (some from new), and with friends who have had various experiences too, I can say for sure that every manufacturer puts out a lemon or 2. A friend of mine's boss gave back a brand new M3 after months in the garage (it had several problems, but the serious one was it would randomly rev the engine quite hard at idle periodically, making it downright dangerous when pulling away). I have seen a number of minor faults on here, some (in the case of baikar) had many faults on a single car, making it something of a lemon. However nothing really disasterous and certainly no worse than most manufacturers forums I have been on, and lets not forget this is a band new everything, teething problems were to be expected. All things considered, I would say it has been fairly positive so far, with a few notable exception cars, but I think we should try and keep things in context. I am not an apologist; believe me if I am dissatisfied with my car, I will be the first to come on here and relay my experiences (hopefully in a balanced way).

BAIKAR

Post by BAIKAR » Tue Aug 11, 2015 11:58 am

Believe me when I say I am trying to give a non biased view despite my reported problems. I am looking at the car as a whole.

I have been in the motor trade for long enough to know when a manufacturer has failed to deliver a product not worthy of the hype.

The design cues, some good some bad.
The use of cheap materials in areas that are in full view.

The fact that no one really knows what the car configurator is going to throw out and that neither the dealers or Jaguar are up to speed. Excuses are being made that this is a new car, new factory , new workers, new manufacturing techniques.....

There is simply no excuse other than its been rushed and it shows.

I am not trying to be rude but merely saying that when you receive your car and you have time to look it over, if you are 100% pleased after handing over £45k then I'm happy for you.

tobes

Post by tobes » Tue Aug 11, 2015 1:04 pm

I'm a little confused.

Why are people posting in a faults thread saying that despite not owning the car in question they feel those posting are not being fair. Then going onto highlight every other manufacturers faults and then saying their forums are the same.

If all the forums for all makes are the same then how is anything unfair.

Certain aspects of the XE are wonderful. Every person posting a fault here has said the same so far from all doom and gloom. However there are aspects of the XE that do in my opinion feel like the level of build I'd expect to find in a non premium car.

Doesn't make the car a disaster by any stretch but also doesn't make the XE feel like it's built to the same build quality as it's competitors.

As for a would be buyer being put off by posts here I'd say they were initially put off by their own fleet manager.

Why don't we let Jaguar defend itself and see how it fairs in the real world against real opposition once the dust from the marketing departments hype begins to settle. If it's as good as you think it is it will do very well regardless of any negative posts.

Btw adding unnecessary posts to faults threads has a negative effect on the content of the site as outsiders will see more posts / activity in faults.
R Sport 180 Manual
Ammonite Grey
Jet - Jet with Oyster
10 x 10 FOC electric seat upgrade
Quite simply the best diesel compact exec I've ever owned

Return to “Interior and Exterior Cosmetics”