windscreen external plastic trims

Interior and Exterior bodywork Faults and Fixes
Skinflint

Re: windscreen external plastic trims

Post by Skinflint » Tue Aug 11, 2015 1:47 pm

I'm a bit reluctant to post in this thread, given tobes' last line, but there does seem to be some polarisation developing, as though reporting faults is somehow knocking the XE.

It's very unfortunate that some people (BAIKAR, tobes, jcook) have experienced problems. Sharing them here however is ( as I see it) more in the spirit of keeping everyone informed than to to be unjustifiably critical. It's not as though anyone has been forced to have an XE and if you were to look back a while on this site, you would see they were awaiting their new cars eagerly. Perhaps (just perhaps) that's a reason why any problem is then more disappointing. Nonetheless, every customer has a right to expect a new car to be delivered in top condition, regardless of make.

It may well be that the pressure to deliver this car has led to a few issues. I've been one of the lucky ones and so far (fingers crossed) have nothing to criticise beyond minor delivery delays. If I did, however, I would expect a prompt response from the dealer, and for things to be put right pdq. That should be one of the benefits of buying a premium brand and if dealers aren't responding well, then that would be a significant problem.

Let's hope any current problems are resolved swiftly and everyone can enjoy their new cars. Meanwhile, I'm sure most of us want to know about issues, which can help mitigate their impact. Who hasn't checked the seating of their windscreen trims by now, for example?

Likewise, I'm sure Jaguar keep an eye on this forum and would hope they act on the invaluable pool of experiences it provides for them.

richarda

Post by richarda » Tue Aug 11, 2015 1:56 pm

tobes wrote:I'm a little confused.

Why are people posting in a faults thread saying that despite not owning the car in question they feel those posting are not being fair. Then going onto highlight every other manufacturers faults and then saying their forums are the same.
My point wasn't about 'fairness', more about keeping a perspective. Everyone is of course entitled to their own opinion, and I do appreciate a few users on this forum have had a really poor experience. But there are a lot of very negative comments that, to me at least felt unnecessary (perhaps a lot of these are tongue-in-cheek), but it feels some people are talking themselves and each other into a depression! The reality is, there are some minor faults and areas that could be improved (as mentioned above, I don't see this being different from any other manufacturer), and a few people have been delivered some very poor cars indeed, again, the point above was that this is sadly not exceptional.

Anyhow, that is just my opinion, I was trying to lift the mood somewhat and dispel a little negativity; appreciate that not everyone here will agree with my sentiment, but that is the beauty of a forum, we can all put our 10 pence in :)

Mrxes

Post by Mrxes » Tue Aug 11, 2015 3:59 pm

I don't see why you would regard comments that offer a different view point as unnecessary. As Richarda says, we are all entitled to our view. I do find the fault threads useful and will most certainly be keeping a watchful eye on these areas when I do eventually pick up my car.
IRR XE S with black pack. 20" Propellers, Jet / red leather interior. Privacy glass. Fully loaded seats, privacy glass, blind spot monitoring, lighting pack. Reversing sensors and camera. Ordered mid July. Delivered mid November.

tobes

Post by tobes » Tue Aug 11, 2015 4:39 pm

Maybe we are at cross purposes but posting with a view to keeping things in perspective doesn't seem quite right in a faults thread no matter how complimentary Or well intended the other comments may be it doesn't cancel out a fault someone else has.

I've actually seen as many positive posts from those with faults as those with none so did think there was very little in balance.

As for posting faults im glad everyone can see aome benefit. I'd much rather people pushed their windscreen trim whilst parked on their drive unnecessarily than lose it at speed so I'm pleased someone else picked up on that. Not checked mine in 5 days now but might do after a car wash lol
R Sport 180 Manual
Ammonite Grey
Jet - Jet with Oyster
10 x 10 FOC electric seat upgrade
Quite simply the best diesel compact exec I've ever owned

HaloJones

Post by HaloJones » Tue Aug 11, 2015 7:44 pm

Need a pic of the trim so I know where to push :-bd
Ultimate Black Portfolio 240 Petrol, Chrome Window Surrounds, Templar 18", Oyster Interior

tobes

Post by tobes » Tue Aug 11, 2015 7:53 pm

Page 2

But a simple push every few inches along the trim towards the screen will give you peace of mind.
R Sport 180 Manual
Ammonite Grey
Jet - Jet with Oyster
10 x 10 FOC electric seat upgrade
Quite simply the best diesel compact exec I've ever owned

Njco74

Post by Njco74 » Wed Aug 12, 2015 1:35 pm

Guys what are the main 3 faults of the new XE has and what should I be looking out for.

To give you an idea I have owned a few BMW `s which have left me on the motorways several times, Alfa Romeos which have blown on me , Saab`s which have given me all sorts of problems starting from the gearbox.

I think every car has its share amount of faults , whats more important to me is can they be fixed and how worrying are they?
Jaguar XE S Italian Racing Red

HaloJones

Post by HaloJones » Wed Aug 12, 2015 3:09 pm

I think it's too early to really answer this. But QA appears lax. Also easy to mis-specify because of poor dealer knowledge and confusing manufacturer packs.
Ultimate Black Portfolio 240 Petrol, Chrome Window Surrounds, Templar 18", Oyster Interior

sfletc

Post by sfletc » Fri May 03, 2019 6:41 pm

Apologies for resurrecting an old thread, but I hope somebody here can help me locate a part number for the trim discussed in the thread.

I've recently picked up a 2016 XE (Approved Used) - very pleased so far but last week when driving down the M62 the passenger windscreen side trim came off - couldn't stop / recover so now I'm left with the metal strip exposed (it looks as though the trim just "clips").

This is the first thread I found that shows the missing part, but I can't find (google) the full description of the part + part no. on line. Don't even know if I can order this part easily.

Any help specifically for this part number would be useful - any advice on how to find the part numbers in general really useful for future ref.

thanks again.

sfletc

tijojoy

Post by tijojoy » Fri May 03, 2019 10:58 pm

sfletc wrote:
Fri May 03, 2019 6:41 pm
Apologies for resurrecting an old thread, but I hope somebody here can help me locate a part number for the trim discussed in the thread.

I've recently picked up a 2016 XE (Approved Used) - very pleased so far but last week when driving down the M62 the passenger windscreen side trim came off - couldn't stop / recover so now I'm left with the metal strip exposed (it looks as though the trim just "clips").

This is the first thread I found that shows the missing part, but I can't find (google) the full description of the part + part no. on line. Don't even know if I can order this part easily.

Any help specifically for this part number would be useful - any advice on how to find the part numbers in general really useful for future ref.

thanks again.

sfletc
If it approved used why cant you claim warranty of this part?
"Shadow" XE R-Sport 240 AWD 25D 380w Meridian

Return to “Interior and Exterior Cosmetics”