A few tweaks... / insurance ?

Interior and Exterior bodywork Faults and Fixes
Craig XE

A few tweaks... / insurance ?

Post by Craig XE » Sat Oct 17, 2020 9:09 pm

I have removed the XE and 2.0d badges from the rear and sprayed the jaguar badge / leaper & exhaust tips in black plastidip, just so that it is removable should i ever change my mind....

With my car having the black pack I think it fits in with the exterior of the car so much better than the previously chrome bits on the back.

I like the idea of making some subtle changes to the car to make it that little bit more unique.... but the insurance is my issue.

I did contact them about removing the badges, they stated unless its an engine or performance upgrade they don't need to know about it. After that, I have since asked about one of the front splitters some others on this forum have fitted, they wanted an additional £145 from me for it, so I'm simply not going to bother. My insurance is already close to £130 a month... (only had my licence two years)

I'm curious what, if anything, you guys have done to the car that the insurance didn't care about?

car1.png

car2.png

car3.png

XE123

Re: A few tweaks... / insurance ?

Post by XE123 » Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:11 pm

I don't know what you can get away with, but your honesty is impeccable!! I don't think I've ever heard anyone admitting to their insurance they had removed badges.
Jaguar XE - Caesium Blue / 25t R-Sport / 19" Wheels / Cold Climate Pack / 825w Meridian System / Full Screen Dashboard Display

Craig XE

Re: A few tweaks... / insurance ?

Post by Craig XE » Sat Oct 17, 2020 11:19 pm

Well, I asked before doing it for the reason that I don't want over should the worse happen.... I have zero trust for any insurance company, so having that in writing puts my mind at ease lol.
Last edited by PhilB on Sun Oct 18, 2020 6:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removing F word