Michelin PS4s tyres

Wheels, Tyres, Suspension, Chassis, Faults and Fixes
UV Blue

Re: Michelin PS4s tyres

Post by UV Blue » Mon Oct 14, 2019 9:25 am

dolphinfreindly wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 9:11 pm
The sottozero tyres are winter tyres, are you getting them before the first frost and subsequent panic buying :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

My rear pirelli are crap, probably on since new though so 4ish years old. They break traction so easily whether it's wet or dry, it's especially prone when the surface is damp, not wet but not dry if you know what I mean.
I'm going to take the mps4s Road shortly as there is never a bad word about them.
...post back when you have the PS4S's and let us know how they perform, appreciated.
Jaguar XE-S / 3.0L Supercharged V6 380bhp / Ultimate Black / 20" 'Propeller' alloys / HUD / Black Pack Pics

Deleted User 5127

Post by Deleted User 5127 » Mon Oct 14, 2019 5:57 pm

Will do :D

PaulC

Post by PaulC » Mon Oct 14, 2019 9:06 pm

I ran PS4S during the "summer" on my XE-S, fantastic tyre, probably the best summer tyre I've ever used. Highly recommend them.
I'll be getting 4 more on my next XE when April/May comes around.

Deleted User 5127

Post by Deleted User 5127 » Sun Oct 20, 2019 10:15 am

UV Blue wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2019 9:25 am
dolphinfreindly wrote:
The sottozero tyres are winter tyres, are you getting them before the first frost and subsequent panic buying :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

My rear pirelli are crap, probably on since new though so 4ish years old. They break traction so easily whether it's wet or dry, it's especially prone when the surface is damp, not wet but not dry if you know what I mean.
I'm going to take the mps4s Road shortly as there is never a bad word about them.
...post back when you have the PS4S's and let us know how they perform, appreciated.
Had MPS4S fitted yesterday and as soon as I drove away I could tell they were a mile away from the pirelli. I an going to be run them in for a bit but the initial impressions are very very positive.
So between the sewing machine fix and the new rear tyres it's like a new car!!!!

spritely

Post by spritely » Sun Oct 20, 2019 12:16 pm

dolphinfreindly wrote:
Sun Oct 20, 2019 10:15 am
UV Blue wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2019 9:25 am
dolphinfreindly wrote:

Had MPS4S fitted yesterday and as soon as I drove away I could tell they were a mile away from the pirelli. I an going to be run them in for a bit but the initial impressions are very very positive.
So between the sewing machine fix and the new rear tyres it's like a new car!!!!
Great news - I agree with you about the pirelli tyres - will be changing to PS4 myself next year, can't get ps4s because they only make them 19" and up. Grrrrrrr

Mark
Corris Grey 180D R sport - loving it.

mdem

Post by mdem » Thu Mar 26, 2020 3:26 am

I just had the Michelin PS4S fitted to all 4 wheels. It's a bit early to tell yet but already the car feels more secure and planted on the road. They're expensive but they're all that is between me and the road so well worth it!!
MY2017 XE S, Dark Sapphire, Propellor wheels, Adaptive cruise control, Sunroof, Climate front seats, Heated rear seats, ICT Pro, Meridian 825W, Carbon fibre mirror covers and side vents, 40/20/40 rear seats, Perforated Taurus leather sports seats.

UV Blue

Post by UV Blue » Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:58 am

mdem wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 3:26 am
I just had the Michelin PS4S fitted to all 4 wheels. It's a bit early to tell yet but already the car feels more secure and planted on the road. They're expensive but they're all that is between me and the road so well worth it!!
...agreed! mine seem a step up, one thing I wasn't expecting was that breaking seems better. So they do seem grippier than the Pirelli's. When the weather really picks up I will be able to give the tyres a proper test, the weather has previously been so wet here and now we are on lock-down so not much driving was or is being done!
Jaguar XE-S / 3.0L Supercharged V6 380bhp / Ultimate Black / 20" 'Propeller' alloys / HUD / Black Pack Pics

PhilB

Post by PhilB » Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:12 am

Beware the placebo effect of new tyres.
I dropped off my first one and drove away in the new one on the same make and size of tyre.
I thought how much quieter the tyres were and how supple the ride was.
Give it a few weeks and things were the same as the first !
Still very good though .
:D
2019 Evoque P300 HSE, Carpathian Grey.
2017 XE S 380, Carpathian grey.
2015 XE S 340, British Racing Green.

Mikeyjd

Post by Mikeyjd » Thu Mar 26, 2020 11:31 am

Plus brand new tyres are often going to feel grippier.
2018MY R Sport. 250D AWD. Corris Grey - Meridian, Black pack, Parking pack, Folding Rear Seats, plus loads of extras.

Deleted User 5127

Post by Deleted User 5127 » Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:48 pm

I'm a word... Brilliant. So much more grip than the pirelli, quieter, smoother I would 100% recommend, not sure on wear yet, time will tell but as they don't spin up so much I'm hoping for big things.