Locking Wheel Nut Key code

Wheels, Tyres, Suspension, Chassis, Faults and Fixes
Jay

Re: Locking Wheel Nut Key code

Post by Jay » Mon Nov 04, 2019 4:28 pm

Thanks Faltwen, I was expecting something a bit more secure, but I suppose one char is good enough. I did take a couple of nuts off, but no code that I could see, mind you they were a bit corroded/scraped on the surface already.
XE R-Sport 2.0D 180 Auto. MY17 Santorini Black.

PaulC

Post by PaulC » Thu Nov 07, 2019 9:24 pm

The other way is to buy a cheap socket from halfrauds or Amazon, bash it on to the locking nut (being a cheap socket it will mould to the shape of the nut) and remove it (repeat for each wheel) then buy yourself a new set with key.
Had to do that on a Merc not so long ago as they wanted £600 to remove and replace them, thieving b*rstewards.

bobthetrain

Post by bobthetrain » Thu Feb 27, 2020 4:11 pm

I've lost my wheel nut key, too. The local garage managed to get one off using a similar (but not the correct one) 'key' and I was expecting to see the letter code stamped on the nut, but it isn't. Anyone have any ideas on how I can identify which key I need to buy??
Cheers.

Vespa

Post by Vespa » Thu Feb 27, 2020 4:26 pm

Does the dealer not have a record of the key tool? If not it will possibly mean a new set.
180 diesel XE R Sport auto, with many extras :D and working stop/start :lol: Made to work Feb 2019 by me

Rob Wright

Post by Rob Wright » Thu Feb 27, 2020 5:14 pm

You could have a look on the auction site. Someone is selling a set of 20 images for you to download and identify your own nut pattern.
Currently a Caesium Blue 30T Portfolio :D

Previously a Corris grey 25D R-sport.