Jaguar XE Forum banner

Complete noob question regarding wheels and tyres

2K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  BruceTheQuail 
#1 ·
I was faffing about yesterday trying to work out whether my OEM F type rims could go on a mazda, when I realised that the overall diameter of the wheels and tyres in my F Type would easily be 3 inches more than the overall diameter of the wheels and tyres on the XE. I have to say I always thought you could take the wheels off one and stick them on the other, width permitting.

How can you work out from the tyre size what the diameter should be? Now I'm wondering whether the tyres on my F Type are overall too big in diameter and whether this would throw the speedo out.
(305/25R21 Michelin Pilot Super
Sport)

Stock tyres for 20's is 295/30R20

#2 ·
#3 ·
Or you can work out the overall diameter the old fashioned way;

Formula is 2 times the widthxaspect ratio plus wheel size in mm so for the 21's you mention..

2(305x0.25) + (21x25.4) = 685.9mm

#4 ·
Cheers, it is hard to be exact because of the curve of the tyre (with wise) but yes that looks around 68cm. I would have sworn that the XE wheel was a lot lower, but I think it is a perspective thing because it is within the wheel well more. I think they are more or less the same size.

Thanks!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.