Jaguar XE Forum banner

Arghhhh

2K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Colt 
#1 ·
So I let my wife go shopping today on her own (couldn't be bothered as I was mowing the lawn). Mistake …… as she was driving home down our lane a car coming the other way on a bend and she got a bit close to the verge. She heard a bump and looking thru rear view mirror it was a big lump of wood and got home and I looked and the front left tyre had a big bulge in sidewall and witness mark aswell. Suppose was lucky as couldn't see any other damage. So basically the tyres have at least 3 mil of tread left according to the markers on the tyre and booked in for tomorrow at local garage for £260 for 2 Dunlop sport max. Should have left the bloody lawn and drove her there Myself😩

#2 ·
Don't feel bad Colt. I hit a nasty unexpected deep pothole last month that I couldn't avoid at 30MPH. Result: Bulges on both front and rear tyres which only had 25k miles on them and 7/32 tread depth left plus a front rim out of true. After replacing all four tyres, fixing the rim to circular true, inspecting the suspension for any additional damage (fortunately none), and doing an alignment, the total bill was US$1,600. Double Arrghh! lol

On the positive side, I've been driving on new Continental ExtremeContact DWS06 Plus tyres for the last month and am loving them!

#4 ·
First Jag-g-g said:
Don't feel bad Colt. I hit a nasty unexpected deep pothole last month that I couldn't avoid at 30MPH. Result: Bulges on both front and rear tyres which only had 25k miles on them and 7/32 tread depth left plus a front rim out of true. After replacing all four tyres, fixing the rim to circular true, inspecting the suspension for any additional damage (fortunately none), and doing an alignment, the total bill was US$1,600. Double Arrghh! lol

On the positive side, I've been driving on new Continental ExtremeContact DWS06 Plus tyres for the last month and am loving them!
Ouch that is expensive but I'm glad you like your new tyres 👍

#5 ·
Fighterpilot said:
Unfortunate, but at 3mm it is best to change tyres anyway for safety reasons. Your quoted price seems reasonable and probably couldn't be bettered.
I was contemplating buying 4 new tyres from Costco in April cause they had an excellent offer on but had an unexpected bill turn up and decided to leave it. Checked last night and that offer had expired unfortunately. But I needed the tyre changing asp so called local garage and they could fit me in straight away (today). Can't argue with price as a search today on internet showed no cheaper. Hats off to the local garage.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.