Jaguar XE Forum banner

Brake carrier bolt part no.

3K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  Dragos 
#1 ·
Hello everyone,
Hope you well. As I was on annual leave for few days and didn't had any plan to travel I decided that I will spend some time tiding wheels and brakes. Manage to respray the wheels but no time to replace brake disks and pads. Anyway, I have ordered disks and pads from Autodoc, disks arrive today but no brake pads yet (probably will arrive sometime next week) so will do next time when I will have few days off. Just realised that I didn't bought bolts for carrier to hub fixing. Looking online cannot find anything very clear. I found this: front bolts T2H18669, rear bolts C2D27400. They are different, thought are the same front and rear. Anybody who replaced brake disks, can clarify if replace bolts or just reuse and if replaced, what bolts size / part no are front and rear?
Thank you

#2 ·
#3 ·
Sparkplug said:
I just cleaned and used ceratec on mine but one of the caps were missing. I bought the below kit for 325mm discs to get the cap. They were very quick and helpful in confirming fitment.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FRONT-BRAKE-CALIPER-SLIDER-PIN-KIT-GUIDE-BOLTS-FITS-JAGUAR-XE-2015-BCF1448AJ-/233659435036?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49286&mkrid=710-127635-2958-0
Thank you for reply. I didn't refer to this sliding pins but to bolts what fix carrier bracket on the hub. I think are M12x35mm but apparently front and rear are different. Sliding pins I will clean, grease and reuse.

#5 ·
Just reuse them, perhaps a very small amount of threadlock (medium strength) as an added security.
Honestly, I have never replaced caliper carrier bolts as a matter of course, 99.9% sure they are NOT stretch bolts.

#6 ·
Phil said:
The service manual says you should replace a lot of the fasteners however I believe this is due to the thread-lock compound applied to them from new. I reused mine, after cleaning the threads and then re-applying some fresh Loctite.
Thanks, I will reuse them with some medium strength tread Loctite.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.