Jaguar XE Forum banner

Front brake calliper slider bolt key size

4K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  Dragos 
#1 ·
My first post!
I'm renewing the very rusted disks on my 2015/16 2l petrol prestige. The back went ok. 7 mm Allen key for the slider bolts. I find the front much bigger, maybe 11 mm. I don't have that size so some confirmation that this is likely before I send off for the tool?

BTW , the electric handbrake fix using the button and throttle sequence, followed by simply pushing the piston back seemed to work.

#2 ·
Yes, it was 11mm when I changed pads on my fronts recently. Had quite a job finding that size locally but coped with what I had and ordered a decent set of hex drivers online.

#6 ·
58chip said:
Oh, and thank you both for the help!
What I will do in case yours are 11mm on front and you don't have an 11mm key, I will take a 10mm or 9mm in case you have one and put some tape around until snug fit into place. At the end of the day, that sliding pins are not to tight and should be ok to do this. Just a suggestion, don't blame me if you broke something.

#7 ·
58chip said:
Yip, there was a YouTube where front and back were 7 mm. Here's hoping the Brembo pads I ordered will fit!
My disks are 316mm vented front and 300mm solid rear. This are pads what I have fitted and are perfect. If you have the same disks sizes than this pads will fit for sure.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.