Breaks makes noise

Wheels, Tyres, Suspension, Chassis, Faults and Fixes
Lightning

Breaks makes noise

Post by Lightning » Tue Jul 05, 2016 4:06 pm

When I am in traffic jam from about 30 min my breaks make a lot of noise. Everybody looks at me , it is like a bus stopping with break noise. For a new jaguar i am very disappointed . My dealer said this is normal. But not for me , all my other cars did not had this problem.
Does sombody else have this noise?

Mrxes

Re: Breaks makes noise

Post by Mrxes » Tue Jul 05, 2016 6:37 pm

Absolutely not. Doesn't sound right to me. Never had any noise from my brakes.
IRR XE S with black pack. 20" Propellers, Jet / red leather interior. Privacy glass. Fully loaded seats, privacy glass, blind spot monitoring, lighting pack. Reversing sensors and camera. Ordered mid July. Delivered mid November.

BrendonSF

Post by BrendonSF » Tue Jul 05, 2016 11:45 pm

Perhaps have your dealer reference bulletin SSM71966, the headline of the bulletin is: Submitting a Brake Noise EPQR. Specifically related to front brake disc grooving causing a noise and /or judder issue.
'17 XE 3.0 R-Sport: Arctic White on Red | Technology Pack with ICT Pro | Adaptive Dynamics | HUD | 19" Venoms | Black Pack

Lightning

Post by Lightning » Fri Jul 15, 2016 3:47 pm

Thank u for the information. I have told my dealer about this reference bulletin.
They will now order new break pads and discs.
So i think this will solve the problem.

Vespa

Post by Vespa » Sun Jul 17, 2016 10:25 am

If Jaguar are replacing pads and discs for this problem then whoever has decided to do it must work in the canteen and not engineering. Brake noise is usually cured by a small rub of copperslip on the back of the pads. Sports brakes can squeal until they are bedded in properly. If you are having this work done make sure that they check the disc run out on reassembly and copperslip the back of the pads. Disc runout is critical to stop the disc warping and making the brake pedal feel it is vibrating. Many mechanics just slap on the new disc without checking runout with a dial guage.
180 diesel XE R Sport, with many extras :D

Lightning

Post by Lightning » Sun Jul 17, 2016 11:57 am

Thank u for the information, I will ask to check runout.
I think it is the right discussion from the dealer to replace it. It is a new car and there is a reference bulletin.
They have checked it so I assume the copper slip is OK ,it is a new car.

Barrie

Post by Barrie » Tue May 30, 2017 4:57 pm

Vespa wrote:
Sun Jul 17, 2016 10:25 am
If Jaguar are replacing pads and discs for this problem then whoever has decided to do it must work in the canteen and not engineering. Brake noise is usually cured by a small rub of copperslip on the back of the pads. Sports brakes can squeal until they are bedded in properly. If you are having this work done make sure that they check the disc run out on reassembly and copperslip the back of the pads. Disc runout is critical to stop the disc warping and making the brake pedal feel it is vibrating. Many mechanics just slap on the new disc without checking runout with a dial guage.
Spot on Vespa.

Barrie
XE 20T 200ps Prestige. Rhodium Silver.

Lightning

Post by Lightning » Sat Mar 03, 2018 8:26 am

After 3 years driving this car my breaks are still squeaking. I have told my dealer several times. They say it is typical for Jaguar and Jaguar is looking to solve the problem. But after 3 years it is still not resolved.

richmond

Post by richmond » Sat Mar 03, 2018 3:07 pm

Try changing the pads to EBC Red Stuff as on here https://ebcbrakesdirect.com/automotive/ ... 5-/1001656

That page is for the XE 2.0 Petrol.
John
2016 XE Italian Racing Red Prestige 2.0i 200
Prev. 2011 XFS

billvega

Post by billvega » Sat Mar 03, 2018 3:09 pm

Lightning wrote:
Sat Mar 03, 2018 8:26 am
After 3 years driving this car my breaks are still squeaking. I have told my dealer several times. They say it is typical for Jaguar and Jaguar is looking to solve the problem. But after 3 years it is still not resolved.
How is it normal when no others are doing it!? Why have you let them fob you off for 3 years? Get down there and start bashing some heads together :twisted:
XE R Sport 180, MY18, Corris Grey, Black Pack/Venoms, Cold Climate, 40/20/40, Parking Pack, 10-Way Seats & 4-Way Lumbar.

Return to “Wheels, Tyres, Suspension”