Vibration from the floor

Wheels, Tyres, Suspension, Chassis, Faults and Fixes
BRC

Re: Vibration from the floor

Post by BRC » Fri May 10, 2019 9:05 am

Don't know if it's any help but on the underside of the car are some fibre boards that flap like a flag in the wind well at least when you lift and release them. This video highlights their looseness: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7nq6ZyAYqyM
Could it be that under certain circumstances they vibrate? Can't say I have heard anyone else mention vibration but when nothing is obvious you'll look into just about any possibility!

Personally I would be more inclined to think a wheel is at fault and that would be my first focus. Alternatively could it be a suspension damper or component fault?
XE Portfolio as a daily driver and Z4 because I still can!

bob_mcn

Post by bob_mcn » Fri May 10, 2019 9:25 am

Are you sure yours is RWD (rear wheel drive), they should be AWD (all wheel drive), at least here in the UK it is. :?

I have the same version and mine does not have it, unless i am on certain roads here and the ripples in the tarmac can give that impression, moving lanes to a different surface the sound and 'vibes' disappear, showing in my case its nothing on the car, just the road surface, and i cannot fix that.
Bob McN.
Oct'16 to Oct'18: Caesium Blue, Portfolio 240, MY2017, selection of addons.
Oct'18 onwards : Caldera Red, XE 300 Sport, MY2019, bigger selection of addons
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=6930&start=20#p77545

fhm1za

Post by fhm1za » Mon May 13, 2019 12:19 am

bob_mcn wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 9:25 am
Are you sure yours is RWD (rear wheel drive), they should be AWD (all wheel drive), at least here in the UK it is. :?

I have the same version and mine does not have it, unless i am on certain roads here and the ripples in the tarmac can give that impression, moving lanes to a different surface the sound and 'vibes' disappear, showing in my case its nothing on the car, just the road surface, and i cannot fix that.
HI, yes definitely Rwd.. There's basically 2 so far in S. A, both rwd.
2019 JAGUAR XE 300 SPORT

Return to “Wheels, Tyres, Suspension”