Wheel arch liner

Wheels, Tyres, Suspension, Chassis, Faults and Fixes
HenryRook

Wheel arch liner

Post by HenryRook » Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:09 pm

Hi all

My driver side front wheel arch liner has come away a small amount from the arch itself. This has resulted in a small gap, and a bit of play in the liner, which is letting in water.

Swansway Jaguar in Crewe had it in for a service last week and noted the issue, but quoted the value to replace it, saying that it is not covered under warranty. Does anyone have any information on this? I may be being a bit naive but I would have thought it would be covered under warranty. The car is only 2 years old!

The dealer has confirmed that it is covered under warranty if it is a manufacturing defect, but not if it is through damage caused by me. I think this is a blurry area as there’s surely no way of proving it, either way. So, any thoughts?

Cheers.

billvega

Re: Wheel arch liner

Post by billvega » Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:42 pm

I would ask as to the reason why they think it's your fault? Any damage point/impact.

If not you are innocent! Warranty job please.

Or take it to another dealer maybe?
XE R Sport 180, MY18, Corris Grey, Black Pack/Venoms, Cold Climate, 40/20/40, Parking Pack, 10-Way Seats & 4-Way Lumbar.

Davevx

Post by Davevx » Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:29 am

Mine keeps coming loose on the leading edge

I get new fixings from Halfords and replace now and again

Vespa

Post by Vespa » Wed Mar 14, 2018 4:42 pm

I would suggest that they are fobbing you off. What happened with boot lid clashing to the rear bumper was an adjustment, respray and new rubber. No excuses like you are shutting it too hard. Bits falling off means that they are not fitted correctly.
180 diesel XE R Sport, with many extras :D

billvega

Post by billvega » Wed Mar 14, 2018 5:54 pm

Vespa wrote:
Wed Mar 14, 2018 4:42 pm
What happened with boot lid clashing to the rear bumper was an adjustment, respray and new rubber. No excuses like you are shutting it too hard.
My car, and all 3 courtesy cars (all my18) have had this problem! You would have thought that it would have been sorted from factory by now?

Mine was authorised for a respray, but I refused, spraying the whole bumber for 2 tiny marks is overkill imo. Mine are not that deep anyway, can probably airbrush them.
XE R Sport 180, MY18, Corris Grey, Black Pack/Venoms, Cold Climate, 40/20/40, Parking Pack, 10-Way Seats & 4-Way Lumbar.

Return to “Wheels, Tyres, Suspension”