Wheels, Tyres, Suspension, Chassis, Faults and Fixes
Mike87

Re: Disc and Pad Replacement

Post by Mike87 » Thu Dec 20, 2018 3:11 pm

PaulC wrote:
Thu Dec 20, 2018 2:53 pm
Mike87 wrote:
Thu Dec 20, 2018 2:34 pm
And the break discs and pad degradation shouldn't have happened at 10,000 miles.
I wouldn't have thought you'd need new disks and pads after 10,000 unless they had sme serious hammer or a manufacturing defect.
For comparison, I got just over 50,000 (from new) out of the original disks and pads of my last XE, they didn't *need* replacing at that point - there was still plenty of material left on them and the 'low pads' warning hadn't come up on the dash yet, but I had them done anyway as it would most likely have been advised at the next service.
Exactly what I thought. Far too soon.
I do not drive it like a race car. I often am abused for how slow I drive it.
I've remembered where every pot hole is on the roads I use in my town and steer well clear to avoid any damage to suspension
I go no more than 5mph round corners
And 2mph over bumps. People hate me.

And wouldn't the same wear show on the front pads and discs if I'd hammered it?

Vespa

Post by Vespa » Thu Dec 20, 2018 5:28 pm

Personally I think that they have ripped you off good and proper with the bull**it about the aircon.
180 diesel XE R Sport, with many extras :D

Mike87

Post by Mike87 » Thu Dec 20, 2018 5:50 pm

Vespa wrote:
Thu Dec 20, 2018 5:28 pm
Personally I think that they have ripped you off good and proper with the bull**it about the aircon.
If everyone else has never had that issue when they've gone in for a service. Then I must have been.
But I did agree to it, as they did say if it's not done, and later on I make a warranty claim for the air con, if jaguar ask if its been serviced properly, and I haven't had that done. Then my warranty may not cover it. So I felt I should have it done to be safe warranty wise.

They did also say that most dealerships wouldn't offer that air con service.

So they're just asking to be paid for work they did, which I did agree to naively.

capese21

Post by capese21 » Thu Dec 20, 2018 6:41 pm

We had our boiler "serviced" I watched the engineer work. Nice chap. All he did was get out his gas sniffer and it beeped that the fumes were in spec so the boiler is working correctly. Nothing else to do.

I remarked is it "a case of if it aint broke dont fix it" "yes exactly" he replied and wrote out the certificate. 15 minutes work for £120 :o

Mike87

Post by Mike87 » Thu Dec 20, 2018 6:53 pm

capese21 wrote:
Thu Dec 20, 2018 6:41 pm
We had our boiler "serviced" I watched the engineer work. Nice chap. All he did was get out his gas sniffer and it beeped that the fumes were in spec so the boiler is working correctly. Nothing else to do.

I remarked is it "a case of if it aint broke dont fix it" "yes exactly" he replied and wrote out the certificate. 15 minutes work for £120 :o
That must be the case here.
And also the same for topping up the fluids.
Can only think of that scenario for the huge bill.

BOBCDP

Post by BOBCDP » Thu Dec 20, 2018 11:18 pm

Mike87 wrote:
Thu Dec 20, 2018 6:53 pm

And also the same for topping up the fluids.
Can only think of that scenario for the huge bill.
Just something to keep in mind for next time you need adblu. Topping up the tank is as simple as putting in diesel. Lots of how to do it info in various posts on here. Absolutely no need to pay a garage to do it for you.
MY16 2015 R-Sport 180d, Auto, Yulong White,

PhilB

Post by PhilB » Fri Dec 21, 2018 7:41 am

Mike87 wrote:
Thu Dec 20, 2018 5:50 pm
Vespa wrote:
Thu Dec 20, 2018 5:28 pm
If everyone else has never had that issue when they've gone in for a service. Then I must have been.
But I did agree to it, as they did say if it's not done, and later on I make a warranty claim for the air con, if jaguar ask if its been serviced properly, and I haven't had that done. Then my warranty may not cover it. So I felt I should have it done to be safe warranty wise.
They have lied to you about it affecting the warranty if not done. Totally false
They did also say that most dealerships wouldn't offer that air con service.
Rubbish, every jag dealer will regas your aircon if needed and you pay for it
So they're just asking to be paid for work they did, which I did agree to naively.
I seem to be banging my head against a brick wall on this one.
Yes, you agreed to the work but they made false representations that influenced your decision.
It's called fraud.
This is no different from a dodgy back street garage doing work on your car and charging you when it didn't need to be done.
They have blatantly lied about this regas being needed to maintain the warranty on the aircon.

The big concerns are not only what they have done to you but other owners who may fall for this scam.
Being kind it may be a misinformed member of staff or more likely a drive to make money by that particular service dept.

CRC on here should be investigating this scam and put a stop to it.
If they don't then personally I would be on to the appropriate Trading Standards office and make an official complaint about misselling.
XE S 380, Storm grey Pics Black venoms/black pack, 18 ways, BSM, 40/20/40, ICTPro 380, parking pack, spare wheel.
Previous: 2015 XE S 340, British Racing Green.

Vespa

Post by Vespa » Fri Dec 21, 2018 9:53 am

PhilB's last paragraph sums up what should be done. I think that you have been mugged of a few hundred pounds.

Vespa

Post by Vespa » Fri Dec 21, 2018 10:13 am

Don't let this put you off the car as it is a great car but I suggest finding another dealer. I have added this as a seperate post incase you have already read the last post of mine.

Mike87

Post by Mike87 » Sun Dec 23, 2018 6:10 pm

So sorry guys, been a while since I updated you.

So on Friday, jaguar did get back to the dealership and told them to remove off the price of the break pads and discs (which I was hoping for)
And also, the "service" to the air con.

So I was very very happy to hear they'd made that decision.
Still had to pay more than expected, but I had to get the car back.
Then got the car back and the bill, the air con was listed with nil next to it.
but the breaks weren't on it..
So we needed to go back and check it was done and have written proof of it. In case of any further issues concerning them.
We managed to get an email saying it was done, so I can prove the were.
So it's all finally sorted I belive.

I'd like to formally thank you all for replying to my post continuously throughout this.. You've all helped so much, I couldn't have got the result I did without your help.

I just hope the mot next year has no cautions lol.
So I can't rule out that you won't hear from me again.
Thank you so so much!

Would have a Christmas drink with you all if we weren't all over the country haha.

Return to “Wheels, Tyres, Suspension”