Disc and Pad Replacement

Wheels, Tyres, Suspension, Chassis, Faults and Fixes
PhilB

Re: Disc and Pad Replacement

Post by PhilB » Wed Dec 19, 2018 3:03 pm

Mike87 wrote:
Wed Dec 19, 2018 2:55 pm
Thanks Phil, I did contact them and asked for her, but they said there is no need to have an case manager yet, as its still being debated by jaguar and the dealership. Once a decision has been made and I have grounds to fight it, I can then use her :)

But yes, how silly for one lone dealership (I only realise they are alone in this now) say that a service is a must, and they do it without asking as "its looking after the customer" for an extra hundred and something pounds..
I have raised the issue of overcharging for an unecessary aircon service with the CRC rep on here.
It is a very serious issue as your dealership are effectively ripping people off by charging for this service.
Dan, the rep on here needs your details to investigate this and perhaps stop them trying to charge you over the aircon issue.
It is a separate issue to the brakes which the dealer and Jaguar are negotiating.
Can you plese send a Pm to Dan (CRC@Jaguar is the address for the pm) as I previously asked providing the relevant details including your vin, contact details and the dealership especially giving the quote about the warranty nonsense.

Can you also please let us know the dealership you are dealing with so we can avoid them in the future.
Thanks
XE S 380, Storm grey Pics Black venoms/black pack, 18 ways, BSM, 40/20/40, ICTPro 380, parking pack, spare wheel.
Previous: 2015 XE S 340, British Racing Green.

Mike87

Post by Mike87 » Wed Dec 19, 2018 3:17 pm

PhilB wrote:
Wed Dec 19, 2018 2:42 pm
@Mike87,
I have opened a topic in the Customer relations section on this matter.
Dan the rep has requested you send him a Pm (CRC@Jaguar) giving your contact details, the VIN of your vehicle and details of the dealer you are having issues with and a run down of what has happened so far.
Thanks.
Phil this is brilliant, so helpful, thank you so much
I do need to speak to someone now

How do i find Dan? type " (CRC@Jaguar)" into ..? Clearly I have no experience with forums

Mike87

Post by Mike87 » Wed Dec 19, 2018 3:18 pm

Mike87 wrote:
Wed Dec 19, 2018 3:17 pm
PhilB wrote:
@Mike87,
Dan the rep has requested you send him a Pm (CRC@Jaguar) giving your contact details, the VIN of your vehicle and details of the dealer you are having issues with and a run down of what has happened so far.
Thanks.

How do i find Dan? type " (CRC@Jaguar)" into ..? Clearly I have no experience with forums

Ah found it, in the PM section, ha thank you, will message now

PhilB

Post by PhilB » Wed Dec 19, 2018 3:21 pm

Mike87 wrote:
Wed Dec 19, 2018 3:18 pm
Mike87 wrote:
PhilB wrote:
@Mike87,
Thanks.

Yep,
It's just like an email.
Type CRC@Jaguar into to the box and then "Add" and then give it a title then type the message just like an email then "send"
XE S 380, Storm grey Pics Black venoms/black pack, 18 ways, BSM, 40/20/40, ICTPro 380, parking pack, spare wheel.

Mike87

Post by Mike87 » Wed Dec 19, 2018 3:29 pm

PhilB wrote:
Wed Dec 19, 2018 3:21 pm
Mike87 wrote:
Wed Dec 19, 2018 3:18 pm
Mike87 wrote:

Yep,
It's just like an email.
Type CRC@Jaguar into to the box and then "Add" and then give it a title then type the message just like an email then "send"
Fantastic thank you, I need to put dans name at the top? or will he pick it up ?

PhilB

Post by PhilB » Wed Dec 19, 2018 3:34 pm

Mike87 wrote:
Wed Dec 19, 2018 3:29 pm
Fantastic thank you, I need to put dans name at the top? or will he pick it up ?
As long as you typed CRC@Jaguar in the box then pressed "add" it will get to him as that is the generic address for the rep currently looking after these forums.
Dan is the present incumbent.

Mike87

Post by Mike87 » Wed Dec 19, 2018 4:15 pm

PhilB wrote:
Wed Dec 19, 2018 3:34 pm
Mike87 wrote:
Wed Dec 19, 2018 3:29 pm
As long as you typed CRC@Jaguar in the box then pressed "add" it will get to him as that is the generic address for the rep currently looking after these forums.
Dan is the present incumbent.
Phil,
Thank you,
It has been sent. Took a while to give them a break down of each phone call (condensed)
As it seems I cant resolve the issue alone with the garage
Hopefully Dan can see my case

PhilB

Post by PhilB » Wed Dec 19, 2018 4:25 pm

Mike87 wrote:
Wed Dec 19, 2018 4:15 pm
Phil,
Thank you,
It has been sent. Took a while to give them a break down of each phone call (condensed)
Fingers crossed.
Just out of interest, which dealer is it that's causing your problems?

Mike87

Post by Mike87 » Wed Dec 19, 2018 11:03 pm

PhilB wrote:
Wed Dec 19, 2018 4:25 pm
Mike87 wrote:
Wed Dec 19, 2018 4:15 pm
Phil,
Thank you,
Fingers crossed.
Just out of interest, which dealer is it that's causing your problems?

No word yet, hopefully something in the morning that I can go to the dealership with.
The last contact with jaguar themselves earlier in the day was to say, "tell the dealership what you want from them"
I shall be reiterating this in the morning so I've done what they ask.
Formally asking to not be charged for work or parts with regards to the break discs and pads, and also the £160 cost to service the air con.
I only wanted an add blue top up
I need a break down to see what makes it all come to over 5 times the basic service cost.

While the issue is ongoing, I'd rather not but, I shall most certainly reveal who they are as soon as this is resolved, whatever the outcome!

BRC

Post by BRC » Thu Dec 20, 2018 8:04 am

This seems to still be at something of an impasse and as far as I can make out still no definition of what an aircon service entails. Surely as no such thing exists then the charge of £160 is bogus. Just out of interest has there been any mention of a pollen filter being changed?
As for the brakes then without knowing more about the history of the car it does seem curious given it was (if I’m reading correctly) an approved motor. You say the bill is over five times the normal service cost and if so then presumably significantly over £1000, is this correct?
XE Portfolio as a daily driver and Z4 because I still can!

Return to “Wheels, Tyres, Suspension”