New Tyres - TPMS knackered?

Wheels, Tyres, Suspension, Chassis, Faults and Fixes
PhilB

Re: New Tyres - TPMS knackered?

Post by PhilB » Wed Oct 31, 2018 12:53 pm

I seem to recall someone getting charged £15 for each TPMS service kit.
Total rip-off.
2019 Evoque P300 HSE MHEV, Carpathian Grey.
2017 XE S 380, Carpathian grey.
2015 XE S 340, British Racing Green.

Madatter

Post by Madatter » Wed Oct 31, 2018 1:01 pm

Just saying. Anyway, I changed the settings to heavy load, all the pressures were set to light load but one off the tyres was below the minimum for heavy , this caused a pressure warning on one tyre. I set it back to low load thinking it would clear but it didn't and panic set it. I came on here and somewhere it said you need to drive the car to update the system, it was about 4 mile before it cleared.
XE 2.0TD MY16 ULTIMATE BLACK Prestige, Cold Climate Pack, Parking Pack, Pan Roof, Waste of Space WiFi. Extra Wheel in the boot. (And a towbar)

Sherlock Ohms

Post by Sherlock Ohms » Wed Oct 31, 2018 1:22 pm

It was the sensor that got knackered during fitting the tyres.

Drove +/- 100 miles with all sorts of warnings flashing. Same story - front left not monitoring pressures.

I went back to the tyre dealer this morning. Lots of apologies, they let me in in front of the 8-car queue for winter tyres (not a popular move), took the wheel off and checked the sensor. It had a split in it. They replaced the sensor FOC. Boss said it was the first they had damaged.

Drove off with << front left not monitoring pressures>> still flashing.
After 2.5 miles got <<TPMS System Fault>>.
After 3 miles the warning light went out and all is back to normal.

Thanks for all the advice.
The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong it usually turns out to be impossible to get at or repair.
Douglas Adams, Mostly Harmless