What are these for?

Wheels, Tyres, Suspension, Chassis, Faults and Fixes
PhilB

Re: What are these for?

Post by PhilB » Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:48 am

simpler wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:27 am

Cars come with a big sticker when it ships on the windscreen like this one. Note the 5mph limit and spelling mistakes!
spring block warning.
Free cake! Lucky you.
Firstly, welcome to the "sloon" forums from me !
:lol:
The other one we have seen a couple of times is people who have just picked up a new car complaining the car is very slow and won't do over about 20 mph.
Due to the car still being in "Transport mode" and the numpty dealer has not done the PDI properly.
:roll:
I don't get cake but unlimited free coffee (v.nice) and posh biscuits.
Mine is in next week for an intermittent engine management light and I shall partake of their hospitality whilst they sling a new O2 sensor in.
:D
XE S 380, Storm grey Pics Black venoms/black pack, 18 ways, BSM, 40/20/40, ICTPro 380, parking pack, spare wheel.
Previous: 2015 XE S 340, British Racing Green.

PaulC

Post by PaulC » Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:35 pm

pauljobr wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:44 am
but then I'll miss out on the coffee and cake at the dealers........
Milton Keynes didn't do cake last time I went in, only biscuits. At least I'm not the only one who selects where they take their car based on the best cake offering. The one I usually use does really nice jam filled madeleine cakes daily, and fresh cream cakes on a Friday :D (I find the ones with the brand new swanky "state of the art" facilities do cakes - usually both Jaguar and Land Rover)
Jaguar XE S [380PS] |[Garage space for a new toy] | Aston Martin Vantage [510PS] | VW Golf GTI [150PS]

mash101_98

Post by mash101_98 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:45 pm

PaulC wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:35 pm
pauljobr wrote:
Milton Keynes didn't do cake last time I went in, only biscuits. At least I'm not the only one who selects where they take their car based on the best cake offering. The one I usually use does really nice jam filled madeleine cakes daily, and fresh cream cakes on a Friday :D (I find the ones with the brand new swanky "state of the art" facilities do cakes - usually both Jaguar and Land Rover)
Hmm. Makes sense now. The crap dealer I first went with didn’t even bother with the biscuits. Says it all really.
R-Sport, 250 PS Petrol in Santorini Black and a big :D !

simpler

Post by simpler » Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:48 pm

PhilB wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:48 am

Firstly, welcome to the "sloon" forums from me ! :lol:
I don't get cake but unlimited free coffee (v.nice) and posh biscuits.
Hi Phil! Thought I'd pop over and see whats occurring over here as we investigate new car options. Shame they don't do the XE-S P380 after MY18 anymore ;) . I'd quite like one of those. :D
Quite a few topics on here which are the same as the F-Type forum with the same answers (extended warranty, PDI, service history etc).

Vespa

Post by Vespa » Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:50 pm

mash101_98 wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:45 pm
PaulC wrote:
pauljobr wrote:
Hmm. Makes sense now. The crap dealer I first went with didn’t even bother with the biscuits. Says it all really.
Yes, but they provide free wallet cleaning if asked for. Sir! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
180 diesel XE R Sport, with many extras :D

mash101_98

Post by mash101_98 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:51 pm

Vespa wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:50 pm
mash101_98 wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:45 pm
PaulC wrote:

Yes, but they provide free wallet cleaning if asked for. Sir! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Yes they do... I really need to start pushing for my deposit back!
R-Sport, 250 PS Petrol in Santorini Black and a big :D !

PhilB

Post by PhilB » Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:59 pm

simpler wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:48 pm
Hi Phil! Thought I'd pop over and see whats occurring over here as we investigate new car options. Shame they don't do the XE-S P380 after MY18 anymore ;) . I'd quite like one of those. :D
Quite a few topics on here which are the same as the F-Type forum with the same answers (extended warranty, PDI, service history etc).
Yep, great shame about the XES 380.
You could try one of those 68 reg ex-demos??
:lol: :lol:
There are a few things that are similar as a fair bit of stuff comes out of the parts bin.
At least the F-Type guys aren't forever going on about bloody ICT Pro updates.............................yet!
At least over here you won't have anybody saying 550 hp isn't enough!
:D
XE S 380, Storm grey Pics Black venoms/black pack, 18 ways, BSM, 40/20/40, ICTPro 380, parking pack, spare wheel.
Previous: 2015 XE S 340, British Racing Green.

Martyn UK

Post by Martyn UK » Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:15 pm

Yet another case of Transit Clamps not removed mine were like that even though PDI said it was completed.
I am sure JLR would be interested from a quality point of view on the offending dealer.
Portfolio 200 Ingenium Petrol, 18 MY,Loire Blue ,Light Oyster, Split rear seats, spare wheel,14way front seats, Cold Climate pack, Parking pack ,Powered boot lid, Power fold heated mirrors , ICT Pro Meridian, Blind spot monitor.

Domfow

Post by Domfow » Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:18 pm

The easy way to resolve this issue is as follows:-

1. The Warning Notice on the screen becomes a plastic envelope
2. On delivery the PDI requires the transport stoppers to be removed and recorded on the PDI document
3. Put transport stoppers in plastic envelope , enter date actioned and VIN on envelope cover
4. Dealer returns a car transporter's worth of envelopes back to JLR for recycling of the transport stoppers,
5 Stoppers removed are recorded by dealer against VIN
6 On receipt of envelopes JLR can reconcile by VIN the Stoppers have been removed
Jaguar XE Portfolio 163ps manual Bluefire with Oyster leather, extras: xenon, reverse camera, heated screen, upgrade matts, dim mirrors

simpler

Post by simpler » Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:30 pm

The removal of the transit suspension chocks is part of the PDI checklist and should be recorded anyway. Fenders ( :lol: ) in NA/Canada. Believe windscreen in Europe markets.

topix.png

Return to “Wheels, Tyres, Suspension”