Michelin PS4s tyres

Wheels, Tyres, Suspension, Chassis, Faults and Fixes
UV Blue

Michelin PS4s tyres

Post by UV Blue » Wed Mar 20, 2019 5:51 pm

Hi all,

I'm hearing exceptional reviews of this new tyre,

https://www.michelin.co.uk/tyres/michel ... -sport-4-s

I've got Pirelli PZero's on mine and I may switch to these Michelin's when the time comes...

has anyone had any experience of Michelin PS4s?
Jaguar XE-S / 3.0L Supercharged V6 380bhp / Ultimate Black / 20" 'Propeller' alloys / HUD / Black Pack Pics

alanplum241276

Re: Michelin PS4s tyres

Post by alanplum241276 » Wed Mar 20, 2019 7:25 pm

I’ve been running them for months.

Best tyre I’ve ever had.

Slightly expensive, but you get what you pay for.
MY17 XE R-Sport 180 Auto | Yulong White / Oyster

spritely

Post by spritely » Wed Mar 20, 2019 9:56 pm

alanplum241276 wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 7:25 pm
I’ve been running them for months.

Best tyre I’ve ever had.

Slightly expensive, but you get what you pay for.
Just a shame they don't do them in 18" sizes. Grrrr. Oh well will have to make do with PS4's when mine need changing next.
Corris Grey 180D R sport - loving it.

BrendonSF

Post by BrendonSF » Thu Mar 21, 2019 12:18 am

Have them on the XE, and nothing but positive things to say over here. A huge upgrade from the stock 19" all season tires. I'm a bit of a rubber aficionado, and you'd be pressed to do better in this category.
'17 XE 3.0 R-Sport: Arctic White on Red | Technology Pack with ICT Pro | Adaptive Dynamics | HUD | 19" Venoms | Black Pack

mdem

Post by mdem » Thu Mar 21, 2019 2:42 am

UV Blue wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 5:51 pm
Hi all,

I've got Pirelli PZero's on mine and I may switch to these Michelin's when the time comes...

Any reason for wanting to change? I have almost the same set-up as you and I have been finding the Pirelli's a bit twitchy at the rear. Mine still have a bit to go before they will need replacing and I have been considering these Michelin tyres too.
MY2017 XE S, Dark Sapphire, Propellor wheels, Adaptive cruise control, Sunroof, Climate front seats, Heated rear seats, ICT Pro, Meridian 825W, Carbon fibre mirror covers and side vents, 40/20/40 rear seats, Perforated Taurus leather sports seats.

UV Blue

Post by UV Blue » Thu Mar 21, 2019 9:17 am

mdem wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 2:42 am
UV Blue wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 5:51 pm
Hi all,

Any reason for wanting to change? I have almost the same set-up as you and I have been finding the Pirelli's a bit twitchy at the rear. Mine still have a bit to go before they will need replacing and I have been considering these Michelin tyres too.

I agree the Pirelli's are 'twitchy' at the rear, on our rough UK roads they are noisy and they can 'tramline' - I think the PS4s would be a step up to a superior tyre. Just wanted to get peoples thoughts. My tyres are at present in good order so this is for the future.
Jaguar XE-S / 3.0L Supercharged V6 380bhp / Ultimate Black / 20" 'Propeller' alloys / HUD / Black Pack Pics

mdem

Post by mdem » Thu Mar 21, 2019 9:41 am

I have about 19,000 km (12,000 miles) on mine and they still have plenty of tread left. So like you, not ready for replacement just yet.
MY2017 XE S, Dark Sapphire, Propellor wheels, Adaptive cruise control, Sunroof, Climate front seats, Heated rear seats, ICT Pro, Meridian 825W, Carbon fibre mirror covers and side vents, 40/20/40 rear seats, Perforated Taurus leather sports seats.

Bluefire

Post by Bluefire » Thu Mar 21, 2019 10:49 am

BrendonSF wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 12:18 am
...I'm a bit of a rubber aficionado...
;)

Definitely feel a more planted tyre under load - a lot of us over on the F-Type forum swapped and I have nothing but praise for them - feel to have more grip in the cold and are more progressive. No twitchy rear now - well, unless provoked :D

They'll be going back on instead of my SottoZero 3's very soon now.
2.0 200 Bluefire R-Sport
Templar wheels, Meridian sound, Advanced parking, Climate pack + Heated rear, Aluminium Paddles - of course :)

Petercoll

Post by Petercoll » Thu Mar 21, 2019 7:18 pm

These tyres are engineered for V8 twin turbos and the like, cars with significantly higher power ratings. A huge bellyful of engine power is absorbed when these Michelins present their hugely reinforced carcasses and ultra load bearing tread construction towards cornering. Most of the humble Jaguar engine’s power is thereby absorbed. I rest my case. Forty years experience in the performance car world, on and off track, and I’ve seen most things.
MY 18 XE 25t r-Sport , Corris Grey with rear privacy glass, 19 inch wheels, In Control Touch Pro, larger disc brakes, Adaptive Dynamics & split rear seats.

Rich xe

Post by Rich xe » Tue Mar 26, 2019 5:29 pm

Have just replaced the p zero's on my S for a full set of ps4s and the difference it very noticeable,far grippier with less tramlineing and far quieter,also on a plus note the fronts offer better rim protection on the wheel(still not great but a lot better then the p zero's),they are expensive compared to the Pirelli's but as soon as I drove the car I knew it was money well sent
2015 XE S,Polaris white,Black pack,Adaptive cruise,Hud,Propellers,Parking pack,cold climate pack,18 way seats,illuminated tread plates,Folding rear seats,Spare wheel