Vikan brush - fake?

Wheels, Tyres, Suspension, Chassis, Faults and Fixes
xep

Vikan brush - fake?

Post by xep » Wed May 15, 2019 4:44 pm

Sorry if this is in the wrong section, but as it's related to Wheels, it's here. Mods, feel free to move to Cosmetics if needed :)

I've purchased a Vikan wheel brush to take my car cleaning days to the next level as I don't have the right tools to get in to the nooks with a noodle wash mitt.

Has anyone got one? I've attached pictures, and it feels like it could either be: 1) fake, or 2) used/worn. It doesn't smell funny... but as it's from ebay, wanted to check my sanity.

4.png

3.png

2.png

1.png

XE R Sport 240 MY16 | Bluefire / Jet Blue | Black / Privacy / Cold Climate / Parking pack

Bazzamf

Re: Vikan brush - fake?

Post by Bazzamf » Wed May 15, 2019 5:24 pm

I'm sorry to say that it does look fake. This is what a genuine one should look like.
https://www.google.co.uk/search?client= ... 8&oe=UTF-8
Bazzamf - XE 200 Ingenium Portfolio in Santorini Black

Vespa

Post by Vespa » Wed May 15, 2019 6:07 pm

I have one of these and it it gets into some of the narrower places besides wheels. https://www.halfords.com/motoring/car-c ... heel-brush
180 diesel XE R Sport, with many extras :D

xep

Post by xep » Fri May 17, 2019 11:18 am

Cheers guys.

Vespa, I now know to ask you what you've got in your detailing toolkit first ;)

I've done some more digging and on the official Vikan website, have found this: https://www.vikan.com/uk/products/brush ... plit-black

So it does look the same, just missing the logo. Will test it to make sure it doesn't scratch before using.
XE R Sport 240 MY16 | Bluefire / Jet Blue | Black / Privacy / Cold Climate / Parking pack

Vespa

Post by Vespa » Fri May 17, 2019 12:52 pm

My reply never arrived to your question. I don't know why.

Vespa

Post by Vespa » Fri May 17, 2019 1:38 pm

I bought my microfibre spongey thing from Halfords along with the Halfords wheel cleaner. The polishes etc are Autoglym and Meguiars. I have a Farcela clay mitt for getting the paint work smooth and use 2 buckets with a guard in the first bucket. Most of my bits and pieces were bought as offers, but I have now received 2 x £24 cleaning kits from Euro Car parts FOC for giving a Trustpilot review. I also use Prestone and Simoniz and some Triplewax products and believe it or not a rubbershine from Betterware bought years ago and a bottle of Tesco polish which is crude but gets those annoying rubs off the laquer extremely well and leaves a great shine.

Bazzamf

Post by Bazzamf » Fri May 17, 2019 4:37 pm

Vespa wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 1:38 pm
I bought my microfibre spongey thing from Halfords along with the Halfords wheel cleaner. The polishes etc are Autoglym and Meguiars. I have a Farcela clay mitt for getting the paint work smooth and use 2 buckets with a guard in the first bucket. Most of my bits and pieces were bought as offers, but I have now received 2 x £24 cleaning kits from Euro Car parts FOC for giving a Trustpilot review. I also use Prestone and Simoniz and some Triplewax products and believe it or not a rubbershine from Betterware bought years ago and a bottle of Tesco polish which is crude but gets those annoying rubs off the laquer extremely well and leaves a great shine.
Quite a list Vespa. The shelves in your garage must be full of products. In the summer I generally use one product for the bodywork and that is Williams Racing Waterless Wash-n-Wax, which does a great job. I used to use Greased Lightening Showroom Shine but find the Williams product suits me better. It takes about an hour to clean and polish the car, which looks great after. The lower parts of the car get a wash in the winter months when the car gets really filthy when driving down the country lanes near me.
Bazzamf - XE 200 Ingenium Portfolio in Santorini Black

Vespa

Post by Vespa » Fri May 17, 2019 4:48 pm

After writing the list I went into the garage (dumping ground :lol: :lol: :lol: ) and I am going to have a bit of a clearout of quite a bit of unused junk. I have 2 lawnmowers one of which is battery operated but use the mains one, so that can go also loads of item in the "that will come in handy someday" category including a window wiper mechanism from the Rover. It's amazing how much junk is collected with part tins of this and that eg coppaslip,marine grease, high melting point grease all sorts of oils. Junk, junk and more junk. :oops: :shock:

Mike Rometer

Post by Mike Rometer » Fri May 17, 2019 4:56 pm

You are not a-l-o-n-e . . . . . . .!

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Jag No 3. 2 Litre petrol Prestige 200. Italian Racing Red. 65 plate

My other vehicle is coal fired. 8-) (very lo-tech)

Return to “Wheels, Tyres, Suspension”