Locking Wheel Nut Key code

Wheels, Tyres, Suspension, Chassis, Faults and Fixes
kuruvi
Posts: 13
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:18 am
Location: Hampshire, UK

Locking Wheel Nut Key code

Post by kuruvi » Mon Nov 04, 2019 11:00 am

I have lost locking wheel nut key and trying to findout key code so that I can order a replacement.
It was my mistake didn't write down the key code prior to this.

Looked at topix and couldn't see it there. It just list as Locking wheel nut lug nt but no keycode.

Is there anyway to get this information without going to the dealer. Otherwise I will have to spent lot to get it from the dealer.

Thank you


User avatar
Vespa
Posts: 5542
Joined: Sun Oct 11, 2015 10:50 am
Location: North West UK

Re: Locking Wheel Nut Key code

Post by Vespa » Mon Nov 04, 2019 11:04 am

I think that the parts dept of a dealer will be able to get hold of one if you supply a VIN. Be warned though you may have to buy the new full kit of locknuts and key.
180 diesel XE R Sport, with many extras :D and working stop/start :lol: Made to work Feb 2019 by me


kuruvi
Posts: 13
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:18 am
Location: Hampshire, UK

Re: Locking Wheel Nut Key code

Post by kuruvi » Mon Nov 04, 2019 11:43 am

Spoke with my local stealer. They are quoting £92 for replacement set and 30 minutes labour for each wheel which will be £320. In total over £400.

Is there any way out of this :cry:


User avatar
Faltwen
Posts: 83
Joined: Wed Jun 06, 2018 5:15 pm
Location: North East UK

Re: Locking Wheel Nut Key code

Post by Faltwen » Mon Nov 04, 2019 11:56 am

This doesn't help much but IIRC the code is also on the locking wheel nut, obviously not seen unless removed first.

I would try somewhere else to remove them, it will be a lot cheaper and if you get one removed without damage you could always get a removal tool once you know which code it is.
Jaguar XE Prestige 2.0l petrol in Bluefire


User avatar
PhilB
Posts: 6460
Joined: Mon Aug 17, 2015 12:57 pm
Location: South Buckinghamshire

Re: Locking Wheel Nut Key code

Post by PhilB » Mon Nov 04, 2019 12:44 pm

Have a good look at the inside cover of the owner's manual.
Often the sticker with the key code is left inside the clear plastic pocket along with salesmen's cards etc.
MY20 RR Evoque P300 HSE.
2015 XE S 340, British Racing Green.
2017 XE S 380, Carpathian grey.


kuruvi
Posts: 13
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:18 am
Location: Hampshire, UK

Re: Locking Wheel Nut Key code

Post by kuruvi » Mon Nov 04, 2019 1:00 pm

PhilB wrote:
Mon Nov 04, 2019 12:44 pm
Have a good look at the inside cover of the owner's manual.
Often the sticker with the key code is left inside the clear plastic pocket along with salesmen's cards etc.
You have saved my day. I have found it inside Service Warranty & Assistance booklet.

Thank you so much.


User avatar
PhilB
Posts: 6460
Joined: Mon Aug 17, 2015 12:57 pm
Location: South Buckinghamshire

Re: Locking Wheel Nut Key code

Post by PhilB » Mon Nov 04, 2019 1:22 pm

kuruvi wrote:
Mon Nov 04, 2019 1:00 pm
PhilB wrote:
Mon Nov 04, 2019 12:44 pm
Have a good look at the inside cover of the owner's manual.
Often the sticker with the key code is left inside the clear plastic pocket along with salesmen's cards etc.
You have saved my day. I have found it inside Service Warranty & Assistance booklet.

Thank you so much.
Welcome.
:D
MY20 RR Evoque P300 HSE.
2015 XE S 340, British Racing Green.
2017 XE S 380, Carpathian grey.


Indianajons
Posts: 586
Joined: Sun Feb 19, 2017 1:28 pm
Location: Peak District, UK

Re: Locking Wheel Nut Key code

Post by Indianajons » Mon Nov 04, 2019 3:31 pm

kuruvi wrote:
Mon Nov 04, 2019 11:43 am
Spoke with my local stealer. They are quoting £92 for replacement set and 30 minutes labour for each wheel which will be £320. In total over £400.

Is there any way out of this :cry:
I wish Jag would sort these lying stealers out... all they would have done is try their set of keys until they found which one fits and get a new one from the stores... about 15 mins max and £20 for the key
2017 MY tempest grey Portfolio 180D, folding mirrors, 14 way seats, memory pack, cold weather pack, 360 parking, wi-fi hotspot


User avatar
Jay
Posts: 64
Joined: Tue Jul 24, 2018 11:55 am
Location: Lancashire

Re: Locking Wheel Nut Key code

Post by Jay » Mon Nov 04, 2019 3:40 pm

is the key code the single letter stamped into the end of the key ?
I was looking for a string of characters but that's all there is. Nothing on the wheel nuts themselves.
XE R-Sport 2.0D 180 Auto. MY17 Santorini Black.


User avatar
Faltwen
Posts: 83
Joined: Wed Jun 06, 2018 5:15 pm
Location: North East UK

Re: Locking Wheel Nut Key code

Post by Faltwen » Mon Nov 04, 2019 4:01 pm

yes, it's a single letter code, you won't see the one on the nut unless it's removed first.
Jaguar XE Prestige 2.0l petrol in Bluefire


Post Reply

Return to “Wheels, Tyres, Suspension”