Jaguar XE Forum banner

Disc question (Brembo)

3K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  ChrisGB 
#1 ·
Hi

Has anyone here fitted Brembo aftermarket discs, specifically, the pillar cooled ones listed on the Brembo site for the XE-S, and if so, how are they holding up in terms of corrosion?

Many thanks for any input.

Chris

#2 ·
Hi Chris. Not sure if this any help but I fitted the standard Brembo discs and pads (rear) listed for my previous oil burner and after 12 months when I sold the car, they were fine, no sign of corrosion, just the usual rusty spots which form and clear as soon as you drive. The pads did create more dust than the oem ones but it wasn't excessive.

#3 ·
I fitted some Chris for my XE S and they are holding up much better after 15 months. Both discs and pads were brembos all round and I would buy it again. Performance I feel subjectively is slightly better than jaguar's OEM

#5 ·
Fighterpilot said:
Someone on here changed his own discs and pads and the Jaguar OEM discs were marked BREMBO as fitted in the factory.
I had read that, hence my question!

Many thanks for the input folks, looks like Brembo pillar cooled discs all round. Still not sure about pads yet, but Carbotech looking favourite currently.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.