Discount on RAC Warranties with INSTANT COVER and NO INSPECTION required

ALA RAC Warranty Discount. Immediate Cover. No Pre Inspection Required.
Rob
Site Admin

Discount on RAC Warranties with INSTANT COVER and NO INSPECTION required

Post by Rob » Mon Dec 02, 2019 4:16 pm

We have teamed up with ALA to offer all members a 5% discount on RAC Warranties, immediate cover and no pre-inspection required.

racwarranty.png

ALA are proud to be the ONLY online supplier of RAC Warranties and all policies are supplied by A rated UK Underwriters.
  • Immediate Cover (No pre-inspection required)
  • Pay Monthly (Direct Debit)
  • 'A' rated UK Underwriters
ALA is recommended by WHAT CAR? Autocar, Pistonheads, Auto Trader and JCB to name a few. With over 7,500 reviews on Trustpilot and a score of 4.9 out of 5.

To get your discount, please follow this link: https://bit.ly/2XZBiU7
And enter discount code: wty123

mickxe

Re: Discount on RAC Warranties with INSTANT COVER and NO INSPECTION required

Post by mickxe » Tue Jan 28, 2020 11:40 am

I took one of these covers out when I bought my xe in September last year. Will it be worth renewing it this year as my car has reached 100,000 miles? and I'm not sure if it's covered now as the car has already reached the 100k mile marker Regards from mickxe
MY16 2.0 Prestige in Ultimate Black, Auto, Sliding Panoramic Roof, Sat Nav, Leather Interior, Rear Window Sunblind and loads more toys

Deleted User 732

Post by Deleted User 732 » Tue Jan 28, 2020 12:13 pm

It looks like you can cover up to 120000 miles under the Gold plan. See the link and enter your vehicles details. The cover looks OK but labour is restricted to £60/hr + VAT and Infotainment to £500 and keys etc to £100. Looking at JLR prices for some items and labour costs it still needs money adding to any repair if accepted. Eg JLR labour £120/hr means only half that is covered or they have approved garages somewhere. It seems an OK policy but little difference to other suppliers of such insurance. Nice offer but not for me.

mickxe

Post by mickxe » Wed Jan 29, 2020 11:05 am

O.K. Thanks for that. If you do get a large bill it would still be worth it to get half the payment towards it. I just took mine down to my local Jag agent for a 100,000 mile service. Changed the oil and other serviceable bits and the auxhillrey belt, sounds much better now. It only cost me £730.00 :cry: but I'm just hoping my local garage can work on xe's. I know he has worked on xf's, we'll see
MY16 2.0 Prestige in Ultimate Black, Auto, Sliding Panoramic Roof, Sat Nav, Leather Interior, Rear Window Sunblind and loads more toys

mickxe

Post by mickxe » Wed Mar 25, 2020 12:01 pm

Don't like writing negative comments but in this case I feel I have to pass an opinion. DON'T DO IT. First time I've tried to use it and I failed at the first hurdle. RAC need to speak to the garage that repaired my car, they need a complete analysis of the problem, (It''ll only take about 20 minutes over the phone at my garage's expense). They are not on the RAC preferred mechanic's list because of the problems they have had with the RAC in the past so, as expected, I am left with whole bill. I don't mind it was what I expected. So now I'm going to cancel this useless warranty and put aside £20 a week towards future repairs.

Lesson learnt. Don't buy sham policies.

Deleted User 732

Post by Deleted User 732 » Wed Mar 25, 2020 1:25 pm

Mmmmm ! Another insurance get out clause.

mickxe

Post by mickxe » Wed Mar 25, 2020 3:03 pm

Yep I agree. Funny thing is to add insult to injury, I had an offer from sky this morning. Now your equipment is three years old buy this insurance for ninety quid against your sky plus box. 3 years and you've got your money back. No thank you

Stu xe

Post by Stu xe » Sun Nov 08, 2020 8:19 pm

tryed to claim for engine mount £480 not a chance

Nuttyspark

Post by Nuttyspark » Mon Nov 09, 2020 11:52 am

Stu xe wrote:
Sun Nov 08, 2020 8:19 pm
tryed to claim for engine mount £480 not a chance
Hi Stu.

What reason did they give for not paying out?
2017 Dark Sapphire 180D. Cold climate pack, reverse camera, Meridian sound system and 10" touch pro. Oh and a fully functioning S/S. :o