My first ever Jag!

New to the Jaguar XE Forums? Introduce yourself here
Tuff1607

My first ever Jag!

Post by Tuff1607 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:04 am

Hi All, I picked up my Jag a couple of weeks ago from Spire in Watford. I would highly recommend them for the best prices and customer service, ask for Stephen Britton. I travelled 4 hours from Bristol just to get it.
It is both my first Jaguar and first automatic. I am really enjoying the drive and the cockpit looks and feels very premium (a big upgrade from my previous Honda Civic).
I have a couple of issues that I hope someone can shed some light on and the best way to go about resolving them.
My Start/Stop has never worked since picking it up, I hadn't noticed until a passenger mentioned it?Also I do not believe my front or rear heated windscreen works?
Finally the sat nav seems to always want to take me a very odd route compared to Google maps for inatance. On the drive back from Watford it kept trying to pull me off the motorway but I couldn't find any setting which had avoid motorways ticked?
Any advice would be appreciated :D
Thanks all!
Bluefire R-Sport 180PS Auto. Black pack, 19" black alloys, 14-way lumbar, memory seats, parking pack, blindspot monitor, sunroof, heated windscreen.

PhilB

Re: My first ever Jag!

Post by PhilB » Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:38 am

Welcome.
Two of the regular topics that come up are stop-start and the navigation so you aren't alone.
Big thread on the nav including tips and advice here:

viewtopic.php?f=20&t=2887

If you do a search on "stop-start" on the homepage you will find plenty of threads on here.
The main thing about stop-start is that there seem to be so many reasons why it isn't enabled that the times when it should work are pretty limited!
:D
XE S, My18, Storm grey Pics Black venoms/black pack, 18 ways, BSM, 40/20/40, ICTPro 380, parking pack, spare wheel.
07/15 to 05/17: XE S British Racing Green Pics

BrianS

Post by BrianS » Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:37 pm

My previous Jag XF start stop was operating always for a few months and then gradually declined to never over a couple of years. I wouldn't have thought this would happen with a brand new car though. I would take it back for them to check along with the windscreen heaters.

Stephen

Post by Stephen » Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:52 pm

Just to be precise, it's not a brand new car. The Bluefire exterior colour is the giveaway. It's probably an MY16. Still, of course the dealer should have performed a thorough inspection to make sure everything works.

billvega

Post by billvega » Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:42 pm

My stop start has stopped working... happy days :D
XE R Sport 180, MY18, Corris Grey, Black Pack/Venoms, Cold Climate, 40/20/40, Parking Pack, 10-Way Seats & 4-Way Lumbar.

NewLester de Rocin

Post by NewLester de Rocin » Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:54 pm

If the car is second-hand, the previous owner may have been as clever and experimental as PhilB, or may have been as flat-headed as that bloke I saw walking his dog down the road the other day, with his head so far in is mobile phone that he didn’t notice the dog had slipped out of the collar six houses back so he was only dragging a dog leash behind him.

Either way, unravelling the knots in your SatNav settings will likely take lots of time and trips.

Settings somewhere in your preferences menu that typically cause SatNav to take you OFF a motorway are:

A box called ‘TMC guidance’ has been ticked.

A box called ‘TMC Delay’ or “Traffic Delay’, has been manually set to a very small number, like 2-minutes. (This causes SatNav to take you off the motorway each time it thinks a traffic problem ahead is likely to add 2 little minutes to your travel time).

If you touch the ‘Options’ box on the bottom of your map (when SatNav first calculates a route for you), you find that the ‘Avoid Highway’ or ‘Avoid Motorway’ box has indeed been ticked.

There are OTHER settings that potentially cause your SatNav to act looney, but start with these.
1990 Corolla DX in Regata Blue; 1996 Corolla DX in Satin Granite Black;
2017 (X760) XE Prestige in British Racing Green

irishtaff

Post by irishtaff » Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:42 pm

Welcome to the forum Tuff and enjoy your new Cat.
Plenty of country lanes around there to enjoy too...and my Stop/start has just started working again after it's first service.. Since I don't own a battery conditioner I don't expect it to last for too long thankfully. :D :D :D
Prestige 2.0D MY16 180 IRR, Manual, Light Oyster,Sunroof, !8" Matrix silver wheels, Nav, Lighting Pack, Towbar, Rev assist, Spare wheel, Folding mirrors, and rear seats, Meridian Audio. (+ Skoda exhaust trim )

Return to “Introductions”