REAR DEMIST HEATED SCREEN

New to the Jaguar XE Forums? Introduce yourself here
Britannia

REAR DEMIST HEATED SCREEN

Post by Britannia » Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:26 am

I have had my newer Jaguar Cat for 7 weeks. I swapped a XF Diesel 190 for a XE2.0. Fuel Consumption is now about about 42 mpg and i drive in Economy set up. Its for getting to work and back doing 18 miles per day. I bought is in late September and now the frosty damp mornings have arrived i noticed the rear demist not clearing the screen properly. On investigation i can see that 4 of the lower lines have gaps of at least 3" or 75mm and this to me is not a accidental scratch by the previous owner apart from 4mm gaps in my aerial lines at the upper most part of the screen. I could fix that bit.
I have contacted my Servicing dealer who is going to look at it under Warranty, however if its a case of the screen needing replacing i have been told that i would have to pay for it and the Dealer would submit the screen for Jaguar warranty. I am not overly pleased at the thought that Jaguar could reject the claim. Shame this was not picked up on the 'Comprehensive delivery pre sales', but ok its Summer Autumn time and the demist does not get used, however a blind man could see this . Ok it did not cross my mind but having payed out £21.000 on a 65 plate it really should not have this amount of Paint missing from the demist lines, its not just a little scratch through it. I will not be best pleased if Jaguar cannot sort it. My worry is if its done by an outside Windscreen replacement company i and i gt grease all over the C pillar trims and the paint is scratched in the rear aperture.
Due in the Garage the first week December.

ColinR

Re: REAR DEMIST HEATED SCREEN

Post by ColinR » Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:31 pm

A photo of the area might help but is it possible the previous owner had something on the rear shelf that rubbed the paint away? A brolley or first aid kit possibly?

It it is a manufacturing fault the Jaguar should repair it under warranty.

Vespa

Post by Vespa » Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:26 pm

I did reply but removed the reply until I checked my rear screen. At the bottom there are a couple of lines of Wi Fi connection which is thicker and at the top, which is marked antennae, again I think something to do with Wi Fi. All the rest are continous and are heated elements. They are continuous and should heat across fully. If there are sections not heating this would be unusual as I would have thought the whole line would fail. Let them look at it and tell them that they have it under warranty and you have not been anywhere near it since purchase and expect it to be replaced under JLR warranty.
R Sport 180 in Bluefire with loads of extras. ;)

billvega

Post by billvega » Fri Nov 17, 2017 3:05 pm

I dont think mine works at all!
XE R Sport 180, MY18, Corris Grey, Black Pack/Venoms, Cold Climate, 40/20/40, Parking Pack, 10-Way Seats & 4-Way Lumbar.

Thorn

Post by Thorn » Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:10 am

Have you got it sorted yet?

Return to “Introductions”