Just ordered a Jag! First new car, so excited!

New to the Jaguar XE Forums? Introduce yourself here
denizined

Just ordered a Jag! First new car, so excited!

Post by denizined » Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:22 am

Hi everyone, my name's Denis, 33 years old and from the sunny island of Cyprus.

I've been driving a beaten-down 20 year old Nissan Pulsar most of my adult life. A year and a half ago I started a Masters in Digital Currencies (bitcoin, blockchain, cryptography) and based on what I learnt, I started investing in this technology. After a 6000% return on my investment over the last 12 months I finally decided to cash out a portion of my investments and buy a new car.

For as far as I can remember I've loved the looks of the Audi A5 and always thought that would be the car I would go for when I could afford it. About 6 months ago I saw this wallpaper of the Jaguar XE and I instantly fell in love and knew this was what I wanted
I went to the showroom last week and ordered the XE 2.0D I4 RWD Auto R-Sport with:
- Sunroof
- Meridian Sound System
- Carpathian Grey paintjob
- Xenon Headlamps
- 19' Star5 Twin Spoke Rims
- Parking Pack
- Auto-dim power fold mirrors
- Powered Tailgate

It's expected to arrive mid-March and in the meantime I've been reading every review and watching every youtube video on the XE out there and absorbing as much as I can.

Glad to be here and can't wait to be part of the Jag family!

PhilB

Re: Just ordered a Jag! First new car, so excited!

Post by PhilB » Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:54 pm

Welcome.
I'm sure you will enjoy your new XE.
Plenty of information and advice on here if needed.
:D

I've removed your link for the time being (not a secure link as in https ) but I'm sure we all know how good the XE looks!
XE S, My18, Storm grey Pics Black venoms/black pack, 18 ways, BSM, 40/20/40, ICTPro 380, parking pack, spare wheel.
07/15 to 05/17: XE S British Racing Green Pics

richmond

Post by richmond » Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:56 am

Welcome to the forum Denis. Are there many Jaguars in Cyprus?
John
2016 XE Italian Racing Red Prestige 2.0i 200
Prev. 2011 XFS

Petercoll

Post by Petercoll » Sat Jan 13, 2018 2:23 pm

The Carpathian Grey and Twin spoke rims is a stunning combination ! Welcome also. Peter
MY 17 XE 25t r-Sport , Corris Grey with rear privacy glass, 19 inch wheels, In Control Touch Pro, larger disc brakes, Adaptive Dynamics & split rear seats.

denizined

Post by denizined » Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:11 pm

Thanks for the welcome :)

Jags are pretty rare in Cyprus. If you're in traffic you're guaranteed to have an Audi, BMW or Mercedes in your field of view at all times while I see a Jag less than once a day. Makes me feel so much better about ordering one over an Audi.

Prestige

Post by Prestige » Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:56 pm

Denis,Welcome to the forum. I too am awaiting delivery of a new XE,but over the next few days.....March is a long time ! Mine delayed due to a dispute on Jaguar finance hopefully now partially resolved.
I was in your delightful country in May or June and booked an "executive" ride from airport to business.....guess what turned up ? A diesel XE ( I suspect SE as no leather) in a very attractive white. So at least one other one there !
It seemed a very good Cyprus car from my 20 miles or so experience !

denizined

Post by denizined » Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:08 pm

Thanks @Prestige! When did you order your XE? I ordered mine first week of January, was told it would be built mid-February and arrive mid-March. I emailed the dealer this morning asking if the mid-February build has been confirmed.

How was your experience as a passenger on the XE? Almost every review I've read on the XE mentions the lack of space for the rear passengers as a shortcoming. Wonder how it felt for you (unless you sat upfront :) )

Prestige

Post by Prestige » Tue Jan 16, 2018 3:58 pm

Hi Denis,Mine ordered end of July ....200 ps Prestige with just essential extras. Arrived November whilst I was on long vacation away in New Zealand. On return I asked for Jan delivery as I didn't want a Dec reg car but unfortunately either due to my stupidity or naivety this meant that the finance deal I expected was lost which has led to a little conflict. Compromise has prevailed....car handover probably Friday ish.
I am told that delivery on the 250 and diesels are pretty short currently as they have quite a few in the system,longer on the 200 which has probably taken some of the diesel market here.
I was a front seat passenger in Cyprus so the rear seat shortcomings didn't occur. I had/have the same space reservations as you but in my case 95% of journeys are two up so have discounted them.
Those forum members with a greater need for rear seats room may better advise you.

RedAndBlue

Post by RedAndBlue » Tue Jan 16, 2018 6:52 pm

I’ve had my jag for about 4 weeks now. The back is not huge but I guess it depends what you need from the back seats and how tall you are! I’m fairly short so not a big issue for me. My youngish kids are happy in the back and it’s okay with 4 adults but imagine it would be a struggle for 4 six footers. One thing I can say is that if you need booster seats for your kids you won’t be able to get three in the back ( even if only two are in boosters) as there is very little space in the middle.

This is not a problem for me as our other car is an s-max.

Loving the car so far ride and handling are great and much better than the a3 I had before.
2.0l petrol (200PS) caesium blue, prestige, lighting pack, parking assist pack, 10 way electric seats, spare and premium mats

Return to “Introductions”