Hi everyone

New to the Jaguar XE Forums? Introduce yourself here
StillStanding

Hi everyone

Post by StillStanding » Sun Mar 11, 2018 5:43 pm

Although I've posted a few times pre-purchase I decided to wait until I'd done the deed before an introduction. I have to say to begin with that I have found this forum very friendly and useful and thanks to all who contribute, it has helped me a lot.

I've had boring practical cars all my life, but no longer have the need with the kids having left the nest and all of the Ikea trips done, so I thought it was time to have something sporty before the inevitable Nissan Micra or whatever of old age.

So I've just bought a petrol 2.0 200PS Portfolio with lots of extras. I was trying to buy a new Prestige, but as I've commented elsewhere I was quoted between 10 weeks and September! So I've found a 6 month old loaded Portfolio with under 3,000 miles for less than the new Prestige.

My wife was all in favour of the Jag, she is frequently cut up and overtaken by inconsiderate Audi, BMW and Mercedes drivers and vetoed those brands. Fortunately for the moment Jags are rarer so she was positive about the purchase!

Here's to happy motoring,

Mike
Last edited by StillStanding on Sun Mar 11, 2018 10:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
XE Portforlio 2.0L 200PS Petrol Fienza Red, parking pack, folding mirrors, spacesaver spare wheel, 40:20:40 folding rear seat, probably more I haven't found yet

Bazzamf

Re: Hi everyone

Post by Bazzamf » Sun Mar 11, 2018 6:34 pm

Your story is almost exactly the same as mine. Two weeks ago I bought a 2017 ex demo 200 PS Portfolio with less than 3000 miles on the clock, after considering buying a new Prestige. Funnily enough, I bought the car I had been watching for ages, seeing it's price drop by more than £2000 before I finally struck. I think it had my name on it all the time.
Bazzamf - XE 200 Ingenium Portfolio in Santorini Black

Thorn

Post by Thorn » Sun Mar 11, 2018 6:36 pm

Those Aldi cars are such good value.
Seriously, though, congratulations. I got mine last Tuesday and am finding something new every day.

StillStanding

Post by StillStanding » Sun Mar 11, 2018 10:15 pm

Corrected! :lol:
XE Portforlio 2.0L 200PS Petrol Fienza Red, parking pack, folding mirrors, spacesaver spare wheel, 40:20:40 folding rear seat, probably more I haven't found yet

Return to “Introductions”