New to Jaguar

New to the Jaguar XE Forums? Introduce yourself here
Rob Wright

New to Jaguar

Post by Rob Wright » Tue Nov 06, 2018 9:39 pm

Howdy Folks!

Soon to be an owner of a low mileage Xe 25d Awd model. Looking forward to getting to grips with the car. I've already bought a pair of custom aluminium paddles to fit, and I'll get a decent set of winters on promptly. I'm amazed how cheap the insurance is through comparison sites, though I'll give A Flux a chance to keep my business. I'll be picking the car up in a couple of weeks and then doing 700 miles over a weekend. That should get me aquainted fairly quickly.

Rob

martind511

Re: New to Jaguar

Post by martind511 » Tue Nov 06, 2018 10:44 pm

Welcome - I am sure you won't be disapointed with the drive!
MY 2019 Jaguar XE Landmark 25T - Santorini Black, Sunroof, 10 way electric seats, folding mirrors and split fold seats.
MY 2018 Jaguar XF Portfolio 20D Auto - Narvik Black, Tan interior, ventilated front seats, heated steering wheel (company car)

JimmyH

Post by JimmyH » Wed Nov 07, 2018 9:08 am

Enjoy. I am running in so keeping the revs low but still find the car more than meets expectations. It is quiet, sure footed, and comfortable so 700 miles will go easy.

I will give winter tyres a miss this year and use my wife's Evoque in the snow. Unfortunently winter tyres dont stop the car behind sliding into you so I will save mine for summer.
XE R Sport 30t AWD, Loire Blue, MY19, full dynamics, 18 way seats, privacy glass. 25-10-2018. 2nd Jag.

1st Jag S type 2.5 V6. Sapphire Blue. New in Nov 2003 til Aug 2017. Armchair on wheels that cornered on rails.

Rob Wright

Post by Rob Wright » Wed Nov 07, 2018 11:34 am

Thanks guys.

I'm a late convert to winters I admit. Fitted some last year to my Octavia and I was highly impressed. I live about 80 miles from the nearest dual carriageway and most of my driving is swift cross country with not another vehicle in sight so there's not a huge chance of being rear ended.

Rob

DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

Post by DAN@ADRIAN FLUX » Mon Nov 12, 2018 9:26 pm

Rob Wright wrote:
Tue Nov 06, 2018 9:39 pm
Howdy Folks!

Soon to be an owner of a low mileage Xe 25d Awd model. Looking forward to getting to grips with the car. I've already bought a pair of custom aluminium paddles to fit, and I'll get a decent set of winters on promptly. I'm amazed how cheap the insurance is through comparison sites, though I'll give A Flux a chance to keep my business. I'll be picking the car up in a couple of weeks and then doing 700 miles over a weekend. That should get me aquainted fairly quickly.

Rob
Hi and welcome.
Hopefully we can help out with your insurance.
Regards,
Dan.

Rob Wright

Post by Rob Wright » Mon Nov 12, 2018 9:54 pm

Hi Dan,

I've had my modified Jeep insured with you for about 10 years! I've gone with you folks again despite being significantly more expensive, mainly due to my having to swap insurances around a bit. Next renewal I'll be a lot more disciplined in getting the cost down. ;)

Regards,

Rob

Return to “Introductions”