Where to go from here.....

New to the Jaguar XE Forums? Introduce yourself here
Vespa

Re: Where to go from here.....

Post by Vespa » Wed Feb 06, 2019 4:39 pm

I am not 100% sure but wasn't some early diesels recalled for an oil leak in the Turbo? If that is correct it would possibly be sucking oil into the engine and burning it. My car is very close to yours in build number and had a new turbo due to noise.
180 diesel XE R Sport, with many extras :D

147daytona

Post by 147daytona » Wed Feb 06, 2019 9:36 pm

However it has lost the oil doesn't explain why the oil warning light didn't come on.
MY17 240 R-Sport, IRR, Black Pack, Park Pack, Cold Climate Pack, 19" Twin 5 Spokes, Jet/Red Interior, 10 Way + Lumbar, Split Rear Seat, ICT Pro, Illuminated Tread Plates, Configurable Mood Lighting, Alloy Paddles & Pedals, Homelink, Spare Wheel.

PhilB

Post by PhilB » Thu Feb 07, 2019 7:03 am

Cornish wrote:
Wed Feb 06, 2019 4:21 pm
I fired off email to dealership but I will also fire one off to Jaguar themselves.
Let us know how you get on.
Any problems and I'll move this one to the Customer Service section and get them involved.
XE S 380, Storm grey Pics Black venoms/black pack, 18 ways, BSM, 40/20/40, ICTPro 380, parking pack, spare wheel.
Previous: 2015 XE S 340, British Racing Green.

Cornish

Post by Cornish » Sat Feb 09, 2019 2:12 pm

Hi, thankyou to you all and thankyou Phil I’d really appreciate that. I had a response from Jaguar Customer services. A Matt Arnold
Customer Solutions Executive is gathering all the information from the dealership and is going to ring me next week. My main point to them was if warranty team have refused a claim for an engine or engine rebuild because, as they put it the car arrived with 1.5ltrs of oil, why did EVERY technician crank my XE over and over! Boggles the mind.

PhilB

Post by PhilB » Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:31 am

Cornish wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 2:12 pm
Hi, thankyou to you all and thankyou Phil I’d really appreciate that. I had a response from Jaguar Customer services. A Matt Arnold
Customer Solutions Executive is gathering all the information from the dealership and is going to ring me next week. My main point to them was if warranty team have refused a claim for an engine or engine rebuild because, as they put it the car arrived with 1.5ltrs of oil, why did EVERY technician crank my XE over and over! Boggles the mind.
Ok, let's see what CRC come back with next week.
As BRC said, that is a pretty huge amount of oil loss in such a short time.
Capacity on yours is 6.5 litres and if near enough 5 litres has gone then they should investigate that especially as you had no warning indications of low level or low oil pressure.
Personally I'd like to have a look underneath whilst it's on the ramp to see if there's any evidence of oil loss.
It has been serviced in accordance with the service schedule and you have a two-year warranty.
XE S 380, Storm grey Pics Black venoms/black pack, 18 ways, BSM, 40/20/40, ICTPro 380, parking pack, spare wheel.
Previous: 2015 XE S 340, British Racing Green.

fraser

Post by fraser » Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:33 pm

Funny, but I've just bought a 2017 XE 180 Portfolio on 10200 miles, , and note that the interval between services is 21k miles or 2 years. The car has yet to have its first service for God's sake !!

This seems an awful long time to me and a hostage to fortune unless regular checks are made by the owner. In the handbook it tells you to check the oil level every week, yes, weekly !
So being a diligent type, up went the bonnet and I checked and found all OK, but I'm a new and cautious owner, not taking anything on trust when it comes to oil and coolant. I wonder if poor old Cornish did any of the checks listed in the handbook ? Today lots of people do no checks at all and leave it all to the garage. I was brought up on British motorbikes so am used to doing various checks, and even rebuilding engines.

Cornish

Post by Cornish » Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:42 pm

Hi Fraser admittedly I haven’t checked every week but last time I checked was first weekend of December for trip back home to Cornwall. Oil was only down slightly from full and so I decided it wasn’t time yet to purchase a top up bottle . Not that 1ltr would have helped in this instance. I’ve spent last 13yrs building generators, the latest being a 27ltr v16 MTU engine. Quite a beast, although not the biggest I have done, so working, testing and commissioning diesels is my thing. Why I am even more shocked at my poor jag.

Cornish

Post by Cornish » Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:45 pm

On another note, Matt (the Jag CS guy) rung me on Tuesday and said he’s going to talk to warranty folk which I initially thought was odd until he said that extended and Jag approved warranties are not dealt with by Jaguar! It’s a third party! Like an insurance policy.....hmmm not quite like buying new then is it Jaguar?
Last edited by Cornish on Thu Feb 14, 2019 6:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Vespa

Post by Vespa » Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:47 pm

I hope that you get a good result, ie a new engine.
180 diesel XE R Sport, with many extras :D

Cornish

Post by Cornish » Thu Feb 14, 2019 6:35 pm

Cheers Vespa, I just want it sorted whatever that entales. I spent alot of money on a car that I actually love, I’m more a biker and never really been bothered about cars, but the XE puts a smile on my face everytime I drive it. Makes my 100miles a day so much more enjoyable. This BMW hire car I have is soooo boring. Snappy but dull.

Return to “Introductions”