Greetings from Birmingham Alabama United States

New to the Jaguar XE Forums? Introduce yourself here
billqs

Greetings from Birmingham Alabama United States

Post by billqs » Tue Apr 09, 2019 10:50 pm

Hello everyone!

I just purchased my first Jaguar a couple of weeks ago after always wanting one. I love the XE. It's sporty while still able to take the family out! I've been looking for ways to upgrade the Meridian stereo, but overall I'm exceptionally happy!

BRC

Re: Greetings from Birmingham Alabama United States

Post by BRC » Wed Apr 10, 2019 7:37 am

Welcome to the forum. Regret to advise you the consensus on this forum is that the Meridian is nigh on impossible to upgrade and would (if it were possible) involve a huge amount of effort/cost.
Various searches should soon spell out the implications.
XE Portfolio as a daily driver and Z4 because I still can!

UV Blue

Post by UV Blue » Wed Apr 10, 2019 9:24 am

welcome to the forum billqs...
Jaguar XE-S / 3.0L Supercharged V6 380bhp / Ultimate Black / 20" 'Propeller' alloys / HUD / Black Pack Pics

Mikeyjd

Post by Mikeyjd » Wed Apr 10, 2019 1:49 pm

Do you have the basic Meridian system? i.e. 11 speakers. If so, by playing around with the sound settings you can often get a great improvement. The bass seems a bit lame at basic levels but is improved massively by tweaking the controls.
2018MY R Sport. 250D AWD. - Meridian, Black pack, Parking pack, plus loads of extras.

billqs

Post by billqs » Wed Apr 10, 2019 6:12 pm

Thanks guys! Yeah, I've found out the hard way, that you pretty much have to choose your stereo by choosing your car. Kinda crazy. I was able to add an aftermarket subwoofer to replace the wheelwell woofer. Mainly, I just need good center staging.

If any of you would like to let me know what settings you use that would be great! I find the sound of the 380W Meridian to be really good, it's just the lack of a center channel makes it hard to image. My old aftermarket system in my previous car would use RTA to create a "phantom center". Would really like to see other's settings!

Colt

Post by Colt » Fri Apr 12, 2019 5:01 pm

Greetings and welcome. Have I missed what colour/ spec you have? Great to drive tho ain’t they.
XE R-Sport Santorini black 200ps petrol. Black pack, privacy rear windows, advanced park assist, heated screen, 10 way heated electric seats, power fold door mirrors. First mod black jack valve caps!! :lol:

Return to “Introductions”