Jaguar XE Forum banner

picked R Sport today :)

6K views 18 replies 6 participants last post by  bik3rz 
#1 ·
hi everyone,

picked up this beauty today, 67 plate, 26k, r sport, 2.0d in caesium blue with black pack :cool: it was time for a change and as i previously own 2012 v6 xfs which i loved, i couldn't resist and stayed with jlr :lol: it is a step down in literally everything - size, bhp, all the bells and whistles, but i'm not disappointed. it is a great car to drive and the looks... :D

Car Vehicle registration plate Vehicle Grille Plant

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive tail & brake light

Car Vehicle Speedometer Gear shift Motor vehicle

i do realise bonnet vents and rs badge do not belong, but...previous owner thought so and actually it looks good :lol:

well, it would be perfect, but the calipers...need painting for sure - what you reckon? black, red or caesium blue to match body?

Wheel Tire Automotive tire Vehicle Motor vehicle

another 'issue' i'v got is lagging infotainment - heard it is slow, but wow, it's lagging big time...is there a chance to improve it by updating software? it's basic 8 inch, touch plus.

looking fwd to hear from you :)

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Looks great, I do like the Caesium's.

I think red callipers are the way to go, it ties in nicely with the wrap around of the rear taillights imo

This is the best example I can find with a google image search to show what red callipers look like on a caesium with black pack https://www.fpaceforum.com/threads/new-breed-of-cats-2018-caesium-blue.31521/#lg=thread-31521&slide=1

What sort of lagging are you experiencing with the infotainment ? I mean yeah it's not instant, but to me it seems a touch quicker to start up than my previous Audi ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

#3 ·
Beautiful car! Yes the previous gen XF was very special inside and out, but the handling in the XEs is so much better - in fact it is better than most sports cars.

I'm a fan of red calipers but I think I'd paint them blue, personally.

#4 ·
GavinG said:
What sort of lagging are you experiencing with the infotainment ? I mean yeah it's not instant, but to me it seems a touch quicker to start up than my previous Audi ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
thank you :) it will be either red or blue...decisions! :p

regarding infotainment - it's definitely not instant, sometimes 2-3s from pushing the button to things get happen. my old xf was quicker...

#5 ·
BruceTheQuail said:
Beautiful car! Yes the previous gen XF was very special inside and out, but the handling in the XEs is so much better - in fact it is better than most sports cars.

I'm a fan of red calipers but I think I'd paint them blue, personally.
thanks! didn't have a chance to properly drive it, like our kittens do like, but must admit it looks very promising :twisted:

red or caesium....CAN'T DECIDE!!!!!!!

#6 ·
I have a 2016 Rsport, basic infotainment as per your car. It's not suffering lag at all, I would not describe it as slow at all.

It's on a par with my 2012 Audi but no where near as quick as the 2014 BMW I-drive system was. My mate has a 2017 Mercedes C class, and that's awful in comparison, he admits that himself.

Do you know anyone else with one to compare to? Perhaps look for an in depth guide or review video on line so you can gauge the speed of yours vs a known 'good' one?

#7 ·
Elsa_jag said:
I have a 2016 Rsport, basic infotainment as per your car. It's not suffering lag at all, I would not describe it as slow at all.

It's on a par with my 2012 Audi but no where near as quick as the 2014 BMW I-drive system was. My mate has a 2017 Mercedes C class, and that's awful in comparison, he admits that himself.

Do you know anyone else with one to compare to? Perhaps look for an in depth guide or review video on line so you can gauge the speed of yours vs a known 'good' one?
Hey, can't really compare to anyone, but good point to check on-line, thanks👍

#8 ·
I have that setup, and we had it in our first XE as well. It is slow at startup, especially if you are using bluetooth audio as it takes about a minute for the phone to connect, then a bit longer for spotify to start. Inputting the address into the sat nav takes about as long as the journey which probably doesnt matter because the maps are so old the distances are measured in leagues. But those things aside, it is a good unit and pretty quick to function for phone/USB/reverse camera etc.

#9 ·
BruceTheQuail said:
I have that setup, and we had it in our first XE as well. It is slow at startup, especially if you are using bluetooth audio as it takes about a minute for the phone to connect, then a bit longer for spotify to start. Inputting the address into the sat nav takes about as long as the journey which probably doesnt matter because the maps are so old the distances are measured in leagues. But those things aside, it is a good unit and pretty quick to function for phone/USB/reverse camera etc.
Ok so assuming it's a jaags thing then. Oh well🙃

#10 ·
Had quick blast on lunch at work, on a roads. This thing knows how to drive! I am impressed! Previous xf feels like boat comparing to xe and it was great. Wow.

Infotainment - was ok today, so using sat nav must causing lags. Will see on my way back home.

Impressed with mpg as well. After picking it up, had 100miles return trip, m25 then m1 all the way, so avg of 58 was kind of expected. Was keen to see what it will achieve in 'real life' 😉 commuting 30miles to work and then 30 back, city, a roads, as well as dual carriageways. First trip this morning and it was 48. Very nice🤩

#11 ·
Mine is very similar with red callipers although mine doesnt have those vents on the top so possibly aftermarket or a slightly different model?I have also replaced the silver badges on the back with black gloss equivalents which looks good imo. I waited for one with the upgraded infotainment after reading not great things about the original version and wanting andriod auto so not sure on the lag issue.

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Hood

Attachments

Reactions: rtamos
#12 ·
Paulclarkie said:
Mine is very similar with red callipers although mine doesnt have those vents on the top so possibly aftermarket or a slightly different model?I have also replaced the silver badges on the back with black gloss equivalents which looks good imo. I waited for one with the upgraded infotainment after reading not great things about the original version and wanting andriod auto so not sure on the lag issue.
Lovely jag you got there🤩 unfortunately i couldn't wait any longer, if i could i would definitely wait for the one with ictpro

Yes, vents are aftermarket installed by previous owner.

#13 ·
Paulclarkie said:
bik3rz said:
Lovely jag you got there🤩 unfortunately i couldn't wait any longer, if i could i would definitely wait for the one with ictpro

You both should take a look at the sweeping indicator mod in my signature, i think it would suit your cars very very well :)

#14 ·
GavinG said:
You both should take a look at the sweeping indicator mod in my signature, i think it would suit your cars very very well :)
tempting.... :D

#15 ·
GavinG said:
Paulclarkie said:
bik3rz said:

You on commission? =)

#17 ·
planning to replace rs badges with stripes. front as per below, but where to put it in the back? any ideas?
Hood Sleeve Bag Automotive lighting Font

started calipers. first done. MUCH better now :D 3 more to go, one more tomorrow, rest monday am (in between family life and work ;) )
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive lighting

Attachments

#19 ·
First Jag-g-g said:
The red caliper looks great but the rally car dirt look ... means respectfully wash that XE sir! :)
haha, it's not that dirty, these are reflections on the body, wheel is dusty, must admit :roll:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.