Jaguar XE Forum banner

New 2015 xe portfolio owner .

2K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  Bazzamf 
#1 ·
Having read so many fault posts, wondering if I've done the right thing. No s/stop. 155 mile runs. Battery checked as good? Still can't stop smiling.

#2 ·
I wouldn't describe the lack of stop start as a fault, more like a pleasant surprise. It did not work on my 2016 car for the first 12 months then suddenly decided to wake up and began to operate. Now I have to remember to switch it off every time I start the car.

Other than that the car has been faultless during the 18 months I have owned it. Enjoy yours :D

#3 ·
Welcome to the forum...

Don't worry about the fault posts - people ask for help when they have problems, but don't post so often to say they've just had fun, so -any- car will look worse on the forums than out in the real world! :)

I still get a grin everytime I drive mine, after almost 2 1/2 years, and I'm about to go for a drive to top up SWMBO's cider supply! :lol:

#4 ·
Welcome if you want to get stop/start working

Get the dealer to apply JTB00664v3 "Auto stop/start system does not function as expected"
I had stop start problems they replaced battery under warranty but still problems
Software update cured it so don't buy a new battery.

#5 ·
clackerbox said:
No s/stop. Still can't stop smiling.
Welcome clackerbox!

No Start/Stop? The first thing I do after starting my XE is hit the Disable Start/Stop button on my P300 and then Dynamic Mode right after that. The XE's Start/Stop function is also not the most smoothest so it became annoying real quick to me. Having instant throttle and engine power is worth the trade in my opinion but then I'm not in stop and go traffic nor urban areas with lots of traffic lights so there's less of a benefit to me in any case.

Smiling? I hope you know all we XE owners have a chronic cheek muscle ache medical condition from similarly immensely smiling each time we get in our XEs and take them for a drive :)

#6 ·
Martyn UK said:
Welcome if you want to get stop/start working

Get the dealer to apply JTB00664v3 "Auto stop/start system does not function as expected"
I had stop start problems they replaced battery under warranty but still problems
Software update cured it so don't buy a new battery.
Exactly the same as my experience. S/S has worked ever since, although it does get turned off when I remember to.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.