New Member - XE S Ultimate Black

New to the Jaguar XE Forums? Introduce yourself here
mistral_blue

New Member - XE S Ultimate Black

Post by mistral_blue » Wed Mar 29, 2017 1:03 pm

Afternoon all, thought I'd say hi after first few days with my 'new' V6 XE S. Got it Used Approved from Harwoods Jaguar (Basingstoke), with just over 3600 miles on the clock and less than a year old with nearly all the options ticked. I've been looking for 6 months or so for my Dad and then I ended up getting one instead, having held out for one with IncontrolTouch Pro!

It's my second Jaguar (replacing an RCZ 200GT) as I also have an original shape XKR but the XE is a different world in terms of equipment and refinement. My best impression thus far was a relaxed drive one-way in D and then return journey in S + Dynamic, it's a real Jekyll and Hyde in that respect, comfortable luxo barge one minute, savage beast the next! Anyway. looking forward to getting to know some of you and contribute as I get to know more about the car. :mrgreen:

A few pics:

Last edited by mistral_blue on Wed Mar 29, 2017 2:14 pm, edited 6 times in total.
XE S - Ultimate Black + Ebony/Oyster seats + 19" Venoms. ICT Pro, 10x10 seats, Panoramic roof, 40:20:40 rear seats, Power mirrors and steering column, APA Pack + Surround Camera, Adaptive Lighting/Cold Climate/Road Technology (HUD/ACC) Packs

PhilB

Re: New Member - V6S Ultimate Black

Post by PhilB » Wed Mar 29, 2017 1:08 pm

Always love another S on here!
Very good description too.
Very much a cruiser and a bruiser!
:D

Ps, Sorted out your other post for you as it looks like a double one.
Current: 2017 XE S 380, Carpathian grey.
Previous: 2015 XE S 340, British Racing Green.

AL.

Post by AL. » Wed Mar 29, 2017 1:10 pm

Looks good!
XE 240 R Sport in Caesium Blue

mistral_blue

Post by mistral_blue » Wed Mar 29, 2017 1:11 pm

PhilB wrote:
Wed Mar 29, 2017 1:08 pm
Always love another S on here!
Very good description too.
Very much a cruiser and a bruiser!

Ps, Sorted out your other post for you as it looks like a double one.
Nice colour you got there, would have loved BRG/Red/Blue but I already have a blue car, couldn't find any BRG with TouchPro (I think they removed BRG as an option looking at recent configurator?) and all the red ones had red/black interior which looked awesome but was a bit loud for my taste! Are there many other V6S's on here? Got a link to any pics of yours?
XE S - Ultimate Black + Ebony/Oyster seats + 19" Venoms. ICT Pro, 10x10 seats, Panoramic roof, 40:20:40 rear seats, Power mirrors and steering column, APA Pack + Surround Camera, Adaptive Lighting/Cold Climate/Road Technology (HUD/ACC) Packs

mistral_blue

Post by mistral_blue » Wed Mar 29, 2017 1:13 pm

AL. wrote:
Wed Mar 29, 2017 1:10 pm
Looks good!
I absolutely love Caesium Blue too, but I have a Race Blue vRS Estate so thought having two blue cars at the same time lacked imagination :lol:

PhilB

Post by PhilB » Wed Mar 29, 2017 1:17 pm

mistral_blue wrote:
Wed Mar 29, 2017 1:11 pm
Nice colour you got there, would have loved BRG/Red/Blue but I already have a blue car, couldn't find any BRG with TouchPro (I think they removed BRG as an option looking at recent configurator?) and all the red ones had red/black interior which looked awesome but was a bit loud for my taste! Are there many other V6S's on here? Got a link to any pics of yours?
Yep BRG has been binned along with a few more colours.
:evil:

If you go to the gallery section there's an "index" thread with a few on there.
Few more pics of mine here:

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=1059

mistral_blue

Post by mistral_blue » Wed Mar 29, 2017 1:24 pm

Sweet. Did you know if you copy and paste the url into your signature, you can link to your gallery post like I have just done so people can find pics of your car from your sig?

Copy, paste and remove the ***s at each end:

[***url="LINK TEXT"]XE S British Racing Green[/url***] rest of sig here

It costs you no more characters either from what I can tell... Can you guess that I'm a Mod on the XKEC? ;)
Last edited by mistral_blue on Wed Mar 29, 2017 1:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PhilB

Post by PhilB » Wed Mar 29, 2017 1:26 pm

mistral_blue wrote:
Wed Mar 29, 2017 1:24 pm
Sweet. Did you know if you copy and paste the url into your signature, you can link to your gallery post like I have just done so people can find pics of your car from your sig?

Tricky to post it without it doing it but put all on the same line:

XE S British Racing Green

It costs you no more characters either from what I can tell... Can you guess that I'm a Mod on the XKEC? ;)
Yep.
Never got round to it plus it should be gone in a month or so!

mistral_blue

Post by mistral_blue » Wed Mar 29, 2017 1:27 pm

Lolz, yeah looks like you've got another beast on the way, just the 380 horses this time! Did you remember to order lumbar support? That's the one thing mine is missing... I'm stunned they didn't include it as standard as well as the 40:20:40 seats... I've not found it a problem yet but I've been reading up on aftermarket retrofit company in case I need to get LS retrofitted... Car was too good to pass up though with all the other kit it had fitted...

PhilB

Post by PhilB » Wed Mar 29, 2017 2:38 pm

mistral_blue wrote:
Wed Mar 29, 2017 1:27 pm
Did you remember to order lumbar support? That's the one thing mine is missing... I'm stunned they didn't include it as standard as well as the . I've not found it a problem yet but I've been reading up on aftermarket retrofit company in case I need to get LS retrofitted... Car was too good to pass up though with all the other kit it had fitted...
I have the standard 10 way on mine and haven't had a problem but on the new one starting off from the standard10-way seats, 4-way electric lumbar is £245 extra, or for an extra £170 on top of that you get the full 18-way seats so a bit of a no-brainer.
If you have a look through the "back problems" thread someone on there had lumbar retrofitted to their 10 ways aftermarket so it's doable.

Return to “Introductions”